No announcement yet.

What do you do with Plug plants? Parts 1 & 2

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These sound nice too. Wider selection and less plugs to pot up. Need to add p&p to cost.
    Extra Value Bedding Plants - Collection - Summer Savings - Reader Offers - Dobies of Devon
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 08-05-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

You are not going to talk me into buying anymore! No matter how nice they look

I've still got another 100 plus plugs to plant that I've grown from seed. That's not including the bigger things in pot ( lupin , sunflower & nasturtium)

But that is still very good value and I do like dobies...........SP goes back outside before she does something very silly.

Comment

Probably hefty p&p for you, SP. £4.99 for me...............Nooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          How ya gonna pay for your compost Rary?......................
          wid ye like ta be a frein?. there is no problem as I am of an age to remember how compost used to be made pre ready made era, also I bought three bags cheap at Morrison's a couple of months ago
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I suppose I am a plug nutter but not anywhere near your scale. The largest single purchase of plugs was 72 perennial pugs. They did very well and 2 years later have grown into lovely plants that will need dividing next year. I have sown and potted up about 40 calendula 20 french marigolds, 20 African marigolds 60 trailing petunias, 20 cosmos 60 nasturtiums 40 plants beginning wine 'a' that I can't remember the name of, 20 cerinthe and about 20 flowers whose labels got lost so can't actually remember what the are. I still have a seed tray of bergenia to prick out, and that doesn't even begin to count the hundreds of herbs I've got potted up and growing. Where will I put another load of bedding plants!
            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

That sounds very familiar Bal. apart from my petunias didn't germinate very well, so I'm hoping there's lots of them in my 680 lucky dip plugs.

Comment

I'd send you some if I could pack them properly, but the are still tiny.
                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

My petunias & BusyLizzies are hopeless so I'd like some of those.................I DO NOT want Begonias.
                  Hope the company are reading this

Comment

Bal I will be potting mine on into 40 cell trays and keeping them in the greenhouse till they are ready to pot onagain, and I remember when I used to have those small numbers of plants and seedlings to move on also
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

They've not arrived today. Wednesday would be good. I've got a lot to do in the garden tomorrow.

Comment

Not here either. I have lots of seed trays, some with "strips" in, spread out in GH No 5, waiting patiently to be filled. Most of the begonias have been turfed out to make room for them.

Please, please, please...............no more begonias

Comment

^^^^^ Some people have no patience, of-course I, being a married man no how to be patient

Comment

Just to let you know girls I have mine, Geranium Fire Queen, Begonia Sahara, Begonia Compacta and Bacopa Snow & Bluetopia mix, I am now off to pot on

Comment

Nothing here yet but I have this awful feeling that it'll be MORE begonias
                              Hope you're happy with yours, rary

Comment

They will do fine VC and not only them, my wife came home from day out with friends with a gift card for lunch, a gift for our anniversary, so a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X