What do you do with Plug plants? Parts 1 & 2

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its 4 x 70 of any of these:-

An amazing 70's bedding offer! Your product will be selected randomly from the following varieties - Begonia, Gazania, Busy Lizzie, Lobelia, Marigold, Mimulus, Osteospermum, Pansy, Petunia, Salvia, verbena - for fantastic displays all Summer long!

My guess is 2 types of begonia, busy lizzie and salvia. Of course, with my luck, its 4 types of begonia!!

Comment

• This you at it again VC, I wonder how long SP will hold out
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• And I bet it will be begonias that you get
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Have you succumbed, rary?

(Good word, succumbed - doesn't sound like it means).

Comment

• I nearly ordered but nah, bought some herb seeds instead.
            I must admit though it is tempting, so speaks someone who has bought 18 packets of tomato seeds since April.
            Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              This you at it again VC, I wonder how long SP will hold out
              Never going to happen rary!

Originally posted by robbra View Post
              I nearly ordered but nah, bought some herb seeds instead.
              I must admit though it is tempting, so speaks someone who has bought 18 packets of tomato seeds since April.
              Rob
              Don't worry we'll soon have you trained 18 packets of tomato seeds is a good start

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                Never going to happen rary!
                We will wait and see
                By the way VC with all the flowers and veg trials and bargain lots that you buy, along with keeping chickens, what is the area of your garden.

Comment

• Area??? Some days its too big and others its not big enough,
                  No sign of the plugs yet but I'm clearing out the winter hanging baskets in readiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    We will wait and see
                    By the way VC with all the flowers and veg trials and bargain lots that you buy, along with keeping chickens, what is the area of your garden.
                    I think you are labouring under a misapprehension that VC confines her activities to her own garden - in fact both neighboring gardens have been taken over too and parts of the local park as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Its 4 x 70 of any of these:-

An amazing 70's bedding offer! Your product will be selected randomly from the following varieties - Begonia, Gazania, Busy Lizzie, Lobelia, Marigold, Mimulus, Osteospermum, Pansy, Petunia, Salvia, verbena - for fantastic displays all Summer long!

My guess is 2 types of begonia, busy lizzie and salvia. Of course, with my luck, its 4 types of begonia!!
                      They've arrived and there's not a begonia, busy lizzie or salvia in sight
                      Pansy Can-can
                      Dianthus Gem
                      Verbena Glory Days
                      Gazania Firecracker.

Very pleased with the selection, especially the Gazania which sometimes overwinters as should the Dianthus and maybe the Pansy.

Comment

• Well done VC - the centre of town is going to be much more floriferous once you've finished with it.

Comment

• Many years ago I entered the Best kept Front garden comp - just because I was in the garden centre and they were giving away free seeds to anyone who signed up. A couple of days later, the local newspaper wanted to interview me as I was one of the first to sign up!!
                          So the journalists arrived - and the photographer - and my front garden (mess) appeared in the newspaper.
                          Then I forgot all about it as I only signed up for the free seeds! Months later I had a letter from the judges to say that, they were sorry that I hadn't won but hoped I would enter again the following year. I was so embarrassed that anyone had been looking at my front garden - as it was still a mess and little sign of any flowers!!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I must find somewhere to plant out 280 seedlings.
                          They're having a drink at the moment but they look remarkably healthy given their long journey.

Comment

• Have been busy so just catching up, looks lilies or a good selection you have this time VC, hope you put some into your front garden as it looked a wee bit neglected when I past the other day if you need any begonias let me know

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X