X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    I've finished pricking out all my plants
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]64117[/ATTACH]
    show aff. Well done SP, now if you would just nip down here and show me what to do
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• VC... T&M doing 72 hardy perennials for £4.99 until midnight tomorrow

Buy Plants, Seeds, Fruit Trees & Seed Potatoes | Thompson & Morgan

Comment

• Thanks Vix I saw that offer too and got excited but they're ground cover plants and I'd really like some tall stuff.

Comment

• well you're just too fussy for your own good!

Comment

• For VC and SP how are the plants doing girls, have they moved much and have you lost any? my geraniums are doing fine also the bacopa and the fibrous rooted begonias,(sahara) but the tuberous begonias are not moving much, possibly due to the temperature fluctuation, during the day it can hit 34c. and down to +5c at night, but they will come ( they better I spent a lot of money on them)
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• The begonias are romping away - but they're probably from the first 680 I've planted some out - just to get them out of the way!
              Salvias and verbena are OK but not growing much yet. Need some consistently warm weather.

Comment

• I'm with you rary not a great deal happening with my plugs. I've lost a few but not many ( due to my own stupidity). I did put a few trays outside, they seem to be doing better so I will move the rest when I have 5 minutes. Lots of my Busy Lizzies are flowing. They look a bit silly one flower on top of an almost leafless 3" stem. Didn't know if I should take the flowers off to make them grow a bit more.
                They've only got another week and half then they are getting planted what ever state of growth they are in. My holiday cottage garden is looking a bit sorry for its self. All those little plug plants will soon change that

Comment

• VC, rary how are your plants doing?
                  I planted most of mine yesterday. Most of them have grown very nicely. But I'm quite disappointed with my begonia destiny they really haven't done well and my busy Lizzies were 50/50 literally 2 trays were lovely and 2 were very sorry looks things.
                  I've only got another 110 to plant

Comment

• I have planted some up into wall baskets, but the geraniums are definitely the best of the bunch, I would have shown you a photo but its raining, an A`m no gon oot, may post a photo tomorrow, will talk to the plants so that they can look their best for the photo shoot, (if VC can do it, so can I)

Comment

• I didn't have geraniums or busylizzies so can't compare. I had salvias and verbena, both of which are growing but not bushing out.
                      I have soooooooo many little plants I'm forced into doing stoopid things with them. For example, I'm just taking all the plants from the trays and laying them, in clumps, on any bare bit of ground I can find. Some will grow, some will become surface mulch
                      Don't think I'll buy quite so many begonias again

Comment

• VC, give them some loose soil and about 3in. space and I think you will like the results. Did they not tell you that

Comment

• I'd need a two acre garden to give 1000+ begonias 3"...................and with that little puzzle on my mind, I'll wish you Goodnight - Nos da

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            I'd need a two acre garden to give 1000+ begonias 3"...................and with that little puzzle on my mind, I'll wish you Goodnight - Nos da
                            What, are you telling me that some gardens are less than that:.

Comment

• Ooops, I meant a two acre FLOWER garden

Comment

• Slightly off topic here ~ I've got an old wheelbarrow that I thought I could 'plant up'. I'd love to have something brightly coloured and trailing down the sides and something tallish in the middle of it all.
                                Any suggestions..? And would it have to be plug plants ie too late for starting from seed now ...?
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X