Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done that baby. Seems 5 minutes since they hatched! What are you doing with the boys G4?

Polo

Comment

• Hi Polo - I got another, identical egg, this morning! I ate yesterday's - it was complete with yolk, which was a pleasant surprise.

The boys are being fattened for the pot...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• for anyone interested in the life of Shirley our "honourary" chicken-pig, she appears to have gone into labour!

Could be like this for up to three days! will let you know how she does and post pics, but if you want to follow her, go to our facebook page and read about it there. You may need to freind us or request access but that fine i'll do that!

Willkommen bei Facebook
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          And you came back empty-handed, Jess!!!!?
          But of course Glutton, whatever do you take me for?!

Anyway, the big news from No 1 is that Miss Buffy Rose (don't ask) the laying-every-day silkie x pekin is now broody, all hot and fluffed up and pulling her feathers out - proper broody!!

Much to early up here tho', let's hope she stays on the boil as it were.
          JM

Comment

• George the buff orpington had a go at me this morning and received a good boot up the backside. If he wasn't so handsome i would stick him in a pot.
            We picked up a fabulous trio of silver laced wyandotte bantams this morning. Someone delivered 3 sablepoots (free)this week.The girl is very tame and loves tv and crumpet! one of the boys will need a new home - very nicely marked. If there is anyone near us he is free, (merlin.)

Comment

• My smallest 'Baby' Rooster is a feisty little blighter - he has a go every time I get within six feet of the fence! He even attacks my 'security pole'

I got all the girls in the dirt run, and, stupidly, though I could get out and block off their exit whilst they were eating. Then I could get on with moving the electric fence in the paddock. No blimmin chance, about four of them got out before I even got to the gap, so I gave up and came in for grub!

Looks like I'll have to employ the services of Mr. G this afternoon...
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 29-01-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Well our little buff pekin has turned out to be a 'doodley-doo' and has been named Nando. He is very sweet and so tiny it is very funny watching him jumping on the 2 laydees who are in lay

Not sure about the buff orpingtons we got yet - do they all have curled tails?
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

• my buff orp ladies have blunt tails, the boy has a longer rounded droopy one.

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
                    my buff orp ladies have blunt tails, the boy has a longer rounded droopy one.
                    That sounds confusing these two don't have long tails but the feathers are curled unlike the warrens. They show no signs of crowing and I guess with the other one going off they would be doing likewise as they are all around the same age.
                    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 29-01-2011, 03:34 PM.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

• shine a torch on them in the dark - are they glossy? fine feathers on saddle and neck too if boys.
                      just ordered a big tub of flubenvet, cider apple vinegar, flea drops for cats and wormer for horses on line - if you look around you can make a good saving!

Comment

• They are glossy, lovely looking birds. they are quite gingery with black feathers in their tails. The girl I got them from wasn't sure if they were pure or crossed with something else. They really don't act like boys though, hope they aren't as it would be a shame to have to eat them
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

• post a photograph!

Comment

... just ordered a big tub of flubenvet, cider apple vinegar, flea drops for cats and wormer for horses on line - if you look around you can make a good saving!
                            Interesting - care to share?

Comment

post a photograph!
                              if they let me get close enough
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

• Are these any good? Little blighters kept turning their tails to me!
                                Attached Files
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X