Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to google coucou de Rennes What a beautiful breed!
    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• 2294 - 1 = 2293

One elderly hen, not been looking best pleased with herself for the last few days. Eventually fell over and couldn't get back up.

Comment

• Right.... I’ve lost track of how many I had at my last update. Currently down to 3 but bought 4 more today taking me up to 7 total now!

So... 2293 + 4 = 2297

Comment

• Added 6 rescues yesterday to keep Tarzan company. 2297 + 6 + Tarzan = 2304

Comment

• My first 6 today. 1 blue haze, 1 copper black, 1 speckeldy, 1 red rock, 1 millefleur and 1 black tail.

So 2304+6=2310

Comment

• Sadly lost another oldie this morning. She'd had heart failure for a couple of years but still laid at least one egg a month.
              Flokki Is going to miss her...she was his favourite.
              She had a small hernia when she hatched...and her ' sister ' had sprangled legs, and both needed care and attention. I posted something about splinting her sister on here at the time...maybe 6 years ago?
              (Sister passed away a couple of months ago but they used to hang around together all the time)

2310 -1 = 2309
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• At 10am, Mrs Brown made her final flight to the Great Chicken Coop in the sky.
                RIP Mrs Brown - you were a sweetie.

2309 - 1 = 2308

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about Mrs BRown My Princess Potty passed a few weeks ago, Duchess Dotty passed a year ago. Only Lady Penelopy remains and she's so broody. Do you think that is a sign of loneliness?
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ^At one stage, we were left with just one chicken while waiting for others for arrive, which took weeks. The remaining chicken went into a miserable decline. I really thought she was going to die at the end, as she stopped eating and drinking. Fortunately, the new arrivals turned up and within a day she was as good as new and loved having some youngsters to show the ropes to.

Time for at least one new one?

Comment

• I'm left with one chook now, Mrs New-Brown, who hasn't laid for months. Next week, I'm picking up 3 rescue hens, that I'd already reserved before Mrs Brown's demise.

Mrs New-Brown was in the kitchen an hour ago, doing her hoovering, clearing up the dog biscuit crumbs.
                      Get some more hens, Sarriss, they're flock animals.

EDIT - She came back for more!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0805.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2384220
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-06-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Yep - chickens shouldn’t be on their own!

Comment

• 2308 + 3 = 2311

Collected 3 very scraggy rescue hens today.

Name:	100_0841.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	2384338

Name:	100_0846.JPG
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	2384339

First meeting with Mrs New-Brown!!

Name:	100_0853.JPG
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	2384340

Comment

• Well done that lass. They look like they deserve a bit of pampering. They'll get plenty of that with you
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• With this sudden heat they may be glad to be scraggy. Glad to see they have a nice new home I know you will spoil them

Comment

• 2311 - 1 = 2310

Woke up this morning to see a fox strolling across the field with something in it's mouth... sure enough, "someone" forgot to shut the hens up last night and our oldest (and best layer) became fox breakfast at about 0600 this morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X