• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2 - Project complete.............

So - Foil £2
    Frame & Chain £9
    3ft Twin florescent fitting with cool light tubes £18

So it comes in under £30 - I'm happy with that.......gonna test it out on some Orchids first before I let it loose on tender seedlings.
    Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Ermmmmm, what sort of poppies are you growing
      Looking good!! I'm still unsure about the actual light fittings - are they ready wired and you just plug them in?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Ermmmmm, what sort of poppies are you growing
        Plastic ones..............
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I'm still unsure about the actual light fittings - are they ready wired and you just plug them in?
          They are a doddle to wire.......they don't come with wire but I had some 3 core from an old TV so used that.......it's no harder than wiring a 3 pin plug.

Comment

You'll have a shock if they grow (or melt)

Comment

You'll have a shock if they grow (or melt)
              If they melt, I've bought the wrong tubes................

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                They are a doddle to wire.......they don't come with wire but I had some 3 core from an old TV so used that.......it's no harder than wiring a 3 pin plug.
                It scares me - I'd need help with that I have reels and reels of cable though

Comment

Due to lack of light at home resulting in leggy seedlings, For the last few weeks I have been thinking about making one of These

with 1, maybe 2 of These.

The time has now come to make a decision.............Do you think it is worth it?
                  As always, your comments are appreciated.
                  are those first ones the small strip lights that you get shining down onto kitchen worksurfaces?,as we have a local electrical warehouse that sells that type of thing quite cheap,and i dont think they cost too much to run,it will definitely be worth giving it a go...many thanks..
                  Last edited by BUFFS; 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
                    are those first ones the small strip lights that you get shining down onto kitchen worksurfaces?,as we have a local electrical warehouse that sells that type of thing quite cheap,and i dont think they cost too much to run,it will definitely be worth giving it a go...many thanks..
                    That's what I ended up buying but thanks to advice made sure they had cool white tubes.

Comment

Part 2 - Project complete.............[ATTACH=CONFIG]33114[/ATTACH]

So - Foil £2
                      Frame & Chain £9
                      3ft Twin florescent fitting with cool light tubes £18

So it comes in under £30 - I'm happy with that.......gonna test it out on some Orchids first before I let it loose on tender seedlings.
                      Lovely job! If I could just say one thing, matt white even printer paper will be much better than the foil. You'll see the difference in intensity straight away.

Comment

Wallpaper lining paper perhaps?
                        A3 blotting paper - I must have some of that
                        Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-01-2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

It scares me - I'd need help with that I have reels and reels of cable though
                          If you go through an electrical wholesaler they'll wire it up in a jiffy, probably for free if you smile
                          For temps, just obey the usual rules, 12-15 degrees would be fine. I just use the box room.

Comment

Well got me lights so hear we go.i think you have started something big here Bigmally
                            come on in take a seat time for tea

Comment

Originally posted by veg man View Post
                              Well got me lights so hear we go.i think you have started something big here Bigmally
                              If it works then I'm a happy bunny........I get so bored in winter...................Does that count as my weekly challenge VC ?......................Thanks for the advice re the paper red, I'll keep my eyes open..........more spending.........

Comment

...Does that count as my weekly challenge VC ?..................
                                I think so, BM....... It was a big challenge! Hope you don't think I'm copying but I may have to claim my Blue Peter thingy as mine. It was to be planting a Tomcot but the blessed thing hasn't arrived yet - and I'm out tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X