No announcement yet.

Home Made Grow Lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some inspiration from a short-season farm? http://tinyfarmblog.com/tag/grow-rack

All these head out to the field - I think the lights are just on poles with nails in the end which then can fit in the chains to be moved up and down as needed for height.

A few posts on the same link, with more pics to the same. Using (T5s?)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by djhs196; 18-01-2013, 03:40 PM.
    Douglas

Website: www.sweetpeasalads.co.uk - starting up in 2013 (I hope!)
    Twitter: @sweetpeasalads

Comment

• This has given me a great idea for tomato support...
      Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good!

Comment

• Chased the eBay seller again today......hurry up everything's getting leggy

Comment

• Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
          Chased the eBay seller again today......hurry up everything's getting leggy
          After the first seller letting me down too I am still waiting for mine too hope you get yours soon I payed for next day delivery on thursday so Im going to be p!$$3d if it dont come today
          In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• Woop mine has just arrived Im off to set it up
            In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
              Woop mine has just arrived Im off to set it up
              Well mine hasn't and I'm seriously unimpressed

Comment

Well mine hasn't and I'm seriously unimpressed
                Dont be too disappointed, the lights will give you at least an extra month head start at this time of year. In a way it's a blessing, you dont want to get too far ahead!

Comment

• I'm really impressed with my lights. My aubs are only 1.5 inches tall, and yet already sprouting their 2nd set of true leaves. Lush green, thick stems.

My green sausage toms though - looking a bit sickly, think I'm going to compost them - I doubt they'd be up to much if I let them carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by redser View Post
                    Dont be too disappointed, the lights will give you at least an extra month head start at this time of year. In a way it's a blessing, you dont want to get too far ahead!
                    Fluorescent batten still didn't arrive so I chased them for a third time. Lady from the warehouse called back and she was just lovely. Turns out she has an allotment, is going to enter some shows this year and is growing Nagas for the first time

Comment

Fluorescent batten still didn't arrive so I chased them for a third time. Lady from the warehouse called back and she was just lovely. Turns out she has an allotment, is going to enter some shows this year and is growing Nagas for the first time
                      Is she testing your lights out for you?..................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Is she testing your lights out for you?..................
                        LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Just remembered that the foil wrapping paper was white on the other side.............not sure if the photo does it justice but yes it does reflect more light, cheers red............weird....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33117[/ATTACH]
                          BM that looks amazing!

Could you possibly let me know what diameter plastic tubes/conduit you used?!

I'm looking at some 20mm but I'm not sure if that would be sturdy enough to suspend the light from!

Aside from the local plod knocking on the door the last thing I need is it crashing down when I least expect it!
                          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

• Originally posted by vikkib View Post
                            BM that looks amazing!

I'm looking at some 20mm but I'm not sure if that would be sturdy enough to suspend the light from!

Aside from the local plod knocking on the door the last thing I need is it crashing down when I least expect it!
                            Deffinately dont want it falling down!, not only will it crush your plants you might break a tube and they contain some nasty mercury!

If you break any type of flourescent bulb or tube (this include cfl bulbs) you are supposed to leave the room for at least 15 minutes leaving doors and windows open to allow it to air, and not clean it up with the vacuum either as that just puts more mercury in the air again.

Just imagine how many cfl bulbs go into landfill, all that mercury getting into the ground... and mercury just loves contaminating ground and water

and as for the plod knocking the door.... its a possibility !
                            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
                            Last edited by woody21; 23-01-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

BM that looks amazing!

stick a garden cane down the inside of the tube. That will stop your pipes collapsing.

Comment

BM that looks amazing!

I used 32mm waste pipe Vikki.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X