Home Made Grow Lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redser View Post
    Lovely job! If I could just say one thing, matt white even printer paper will be much better than the foil. You'll see the difference in intensity straight away.
    Just remembered that the foil wrapping paper was white on the other side.............not sure if the photo does it justice but yes it does reflect more light, cheers red............weird....

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

what a big difference there is,the foil is a watery grey,shadowy light,where as the white is all over bright
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        what a big difference there is,the foil is a watery grey,shadowy light,where as the white is all over bright
        I know LD, you would expect a mirror to be the most reflective of materials........but you are right, it is more of a black light.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Following your lead (as ever!) my box is lined with A3 white paper. The seedlings are visibly growing. Its quite comforting, having a glowing box in the room that isn't a TV

Comment

I'm just waiting for PC Plod to turn up..............it's like been at a football stadium......

Comment

Are your curtains drawn in front of it? Can you play shadow pictures on the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Are your curtains drawn in front of it? Can you play shadow pictures on the wall?
                I'm gonna have to rethink my strategy.....maybe have lights on when I get home around 3.30pm & turn them off before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

Making my box now and are we sure its white papers now not tin foil lol Thanks for all the advice vegchicken/Bigmally ect
                  come on in take a seat time for tea

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I've just drawn the curtain & it's just like a really bright sunny day.

Comment

• Originally posted by veg man View Post
                      Making my box now and are we sure its white papers now not tin foil lol Thanks for all the advice vegchicken/Bigmally ect
                      Deffo white paper VM, I'm sure there is a scientific explanation but am too tired to goggle it.

Comment

• That would make sense - less obvious. Can you put a solid board over the window glass?
                        You can tell I'm not worried about my little light being spotted

Comment

• Originally posted by veg man View Post
                          White paper is better than mirrors too

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            That would make sense - less obvious. Can you put a solid board over the window glass?
                            I may just pick up a sheet of plasterboard & paint it white..........if the light gets through that then I give in.

Comment

• Paint curtains and potplants on the outside of it and nobody will know the difference

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                That would make sense - less obvious. Can you put a solid board over the window glass?
                                Hum are you growing tomatoes then
                                come on in take a seat time for tea

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X