Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you grow those outside?

Comment

no they are in my greenhouse. but i know people do grow them outside.
      Rita

Comment

I grow them outside. I've never had a crop that looks as perfect as that! They look fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by rita1 View Post
          this is the 3 year with my grape vine. they are so sweet and juicy, and best of all no pips. [ATTACH=CONFIG]48581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48582[/ATTACH]
          That is a such a good crop of grapes there rita1..They just look amazing..well done you

Comment

WOW! Those look amazing, well done.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

do you know what variety it is?

Comment

I've bought a grape plant from Asda. I was thinking about growing in the greenhouse in the centre just worried it will hang down quite low.
                Last edited by NatalieCooke; 18-08-2014, 09:09 PM.
                @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
                  I've bought a grape plant from Asda. I was thinking about growing in the greenhouse in the centre just worried it will hang down quite long.
                  I think it's recommended to grow them kind of into greenhouses, with the roots outside for watering and the vines inside for ripening.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yeah someone told me to plant it outside and train it inside the greenhouse. How long does it hang down. We've got Tom's on one side and Melons on the other side. Just don't want it to get it the way.
                    @thecluelessgardener

Comment

They look fantastic I want to grow one in my greenhouse when I get it next year. I was going to plant it in the soil in a corner of the green house, do you think that would work. I was going to get OH to leave a hole in the base when he puts it down, so the roots will be able to go down under the green house.
                      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

has anyone pruned their grapevine

hello all, just wondering if anyone has started to prune their grapevine, mine has been dropping its leaves for a little while now and i was wondering if i should now prune my grapevine. I had lots of beautiful grapes from my vine this year (the vine is 3 years old) so should i prune now, i can't remember when i did it last year.
                        Rita

Comment

Mine still has leaves so I'll be leaving it a while yet. Usually do it sometime round Christmas time but if it's an established vine then to be honest it can take it whenever. I've hacked excessive growth off mine in summer in the past and it hasn't set it back much. Wouldn't do it by plan though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

I started mine today, no leaves on mine and I'm further south than you Alison. I will do the top half when I can be bothered to get the ladders out next weekend. I usually do it during the Christmas hols but I think any time from now is fine.

Comment

Always do mine the day after Boxing Day. One way of working off the excesses!
                              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I started mine today, no leaves on mine and I'm further south than you Alison.
                                May depend on the variety although might just be where mine is sited as it is very sheltered (as is our garden generally)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X