No announcement yet.

Rita1's grapevine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like there's nothing wrong with it to me.

Comment

• Hi Rita - at a guess I'd say problems with your vine last year have affected it, so that its in recovery mode this year - do you think the vine might have suffered from lack of water in the v hot weather we had last summer ?

Comment

• Looks like there's nothing wrong with it to me.

It's too early for fruit.

Vine weevils aren't a problem if it's growing in open ground.

The bark on my vine is the same as yours and I haven't got a parrot problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6868FC3-0012-4D51-90B8-5DEA8F025637.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	2383471
        Last edited by Scarlet; 07-05-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickdub View Post
          Hi Rita - at a guess I'd say problems with your vine last year have affected it, so that its in recovery mode this year - do you think the vine might have suffered from lack of water in the v hot weather we had last summer ?
          There's been issues with it since 2013.
          Maybe time to dig it up and start again?

Comment

• the vine is grown in the greenhouse the vine is in the corner in the ground, i suppose its like being in a pot, i did have lots of vine weevils in the vine roots. i only have 3bunches of little grapes, i normally get 30 at least.
            Rita

Comment

• Where do you live, Rita? Somewhere tropical?
              There's no sigh of grapes on my vines!! Far too early.

Comment

• It much too early for fruit.

Comment

• 2013 i was still learning, i have had lots of lovely grapes from this vine, but last year we had vine weevil problem and i suppose the vine is still recovering from this, as i have now only 3 bunches of grapes growing.
                  Rita

Comment

• https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ee28293986.jpg
                    Rita

Comment

• as you can see from the picture below the vine has only produced 3 little bunches of grapes, they have just started growing.
                      Rita

Comment

• Well if it's started to flower it's fine. Give it a feed, make sure it's well watered.
                        Its early days for flowers, so if it's started to flower you should get more later on in the month.

Comment

• hi Scarlet thank you for your advice, i don’t normally feed the vine, in spring i just add some more soil to the corner it’s buried in. normally all the baby grapes grow together but to only have 3 budding this year is worrying, what do you feed yours with. my brother in law vine has loads of grapes growing and he was shocked by the lack of grapes i have growing. two of the rods have produced nothing. i am concerned to what is wrong.
                          Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X