Rita1's grapevine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried about my grapes

my grape vine is not doing very well, they are growing very long shoots and than they are dropping them, i still have lots on there but no fruit growing. last year i had grape vine problem and used nematodes in September and again in March, what is wrong.
    Attached Files
    Rita

Comment

• looks OK in the photos to me - was the problem you mention vine weevils ?

Comment

• yes, vine weevils, they eat all the little tiny roots growing from the vine, by now i would have lots of tiny fruit growing but nothing.
        Rita

Comment

• It's still very early days for fruit even if you are growing undercover .

Comment

• I agree with Scarlet bit early imo - I'd have a careful dig around the roots to see if there is still a weevil problem.

Comment

• Rita, you had the same worries in https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ine_89547.html

and this one about weevils.
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ils_96189.html

Comment

• Originally posted by rita1 View Post
                yes, vine weevils, they eat all the little tiny roots growing from the vine, by now i would have lots of tiny fruit growing but nothing.

Did you get a crop last year? Or the year before? If so on what date did you see flowers..

Is this growing in a pot?
                It's unusually to get weevils in the ground.
                Have you fed it at all?
                Last edited by Scarlet; 03-05-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• yes the vine did produce some grapes but not like the previous years. it’s growing in the greenhouse. the weevils did some damage from last year. just worried that this poor vine has had a rough few years with these weevils. is using nematode the best way to get rid of them.
                  Rita

Comment

• Have you fed it since?
                    if so with what?
                    Is it growing in a pot?

Are you new to pruning?
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-05-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Rita, I've merged all of your grapevine threads so that people are aware of the background.
                      It helps to answer your questions by keeping posts about the same plants together.

Comment

• Grape flowers are mostly pollinated by air movement. If you want to be sure, give the vine a light shake when the flowers are fully open.

Comment

• Originally posted by rita1 View Post
                          yes, vine weevils, they eat all the little tiny roots growing from the vine, by now i would have lots of tiny fruit growing but nothing.
                          Wine weevils are usually only troublesome in pots. Is it still in its pot? If so plant it in the ground.

Comment

• could the parrots harmed my vine.

ok this time there is something wrong, i only have 3 small budding grapes that is starting to grow, i normally have loads every year, but not this year. i have put nematode down and watered them in, will this get rid of weevils as there was loads last year. also the other thing i did different is in the winter months i let my parrots go in the green house for a couple of hours each day to have a play. they have pecked at the vine, is this causing the vine harm. the vine is dormant when the parrots go out in the greenhouse.
                            Rita

Comment

• Hi Rita, did the parrots remove bark from the vine? If so, how much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                Hi Rita, did the parrots remove bark from the vine? If so, how much?
                                yes i have added a photo
                                Attached Files
                                Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X