Rita1's grapevine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it grapes Rita - or flower buds?
    My grape vines are only just forming leaf buds.

Comment

This early? Mine have only just started budding up...

Comment

No leaves on mine yet!!!

Comment

yes it's grapes, my brother-in-law came over today and he's been growing grapes for years, it was him who saw them, he's got the same vine and his is only just started to produce leaves, he was showing me the tiny grapes, i will take some photo's tomorrow of them, they are tiny but you can see that it's not leaves. he couldn't believe that mine has tiny grapes on already.
          Rita

Comment

Do they look like this photo? http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1006239

Comment

I don't get grapes till September - has it got leaves?

Comment

Leaves on one of mine and buds on the other, no grapes
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Not even a sign of mine budding up yet. That being said they were transplanted from Ickworth House so may either be late due to the transplant but there is a small possibility they might be dead.

Comment

Mine are just about to bud-break. Oddly enough, the one in the greenhouse is a couple of weeks behind the two I've got outside. Strange, huh?
                    Garden Chris

Comment

now i am confused

i was so excited when i brother-in-law said that i had tiny grapes growing, now i am not sure, i have put some photo's on so you can see, i didn't know that they flowered i have never seen flowers on a grape vine before.
                      let me know what you think. http://i44.tinypic.com/atnfbb.jpg
                      http://i44.tinypic.com/awqip.jpg
                      Rita

Comment

I've merged your picture thread with your other thread Rita. If something is following on - you don't need to start a new thread each time.

Comment

They are flower buds Rita. Every fruit of any kind is always preceded by flowers.

The reason you've not noticed them before on grapevines is probably that they are quite small and insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                            They are flower buds Rita. Every fruit of any kind is always preceded by flowers.

The reason you've not noticed them before on grapevines is probably that they are quite small and insignificant.
                            will i have to hand pollinate the flowers when they open up.
                            Rita

Comment

Good guide here for you on growing grapes Rita. Grapes: indoor cultivation / Royal Horticultural Society

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                                Good guide here for you on growing grapes Rita. Grapes: indoor cultivation / Royal Horticultural Society
                                thank you for that information very interesting. i will print it off and put it in my folder.
                                Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X