No announcement yet.

Yana - yana

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try & do your burning where you plant to grow your fruit bushes, they'll appreciate the woodash.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

As the fruit bushes as in near my sheds, a wood store and a large wooden fence I decided to have the fire somewhere where to surrounding environment wouldn't turn into an inferno.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Well, spent the weekend burning and burning and burning.

It's surprising how much of the wood wasn't useful. Apparently the previous tenant sold off most of the useful stuff and left the sodden worm eaten stuff.

Ah well, even with the rain I've managed to get through a large pile of wood.

P.S. anyone want to buy some laminate?

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Jay-ell...whats a blowaway......??

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
            Jay-ell...whats a blowaway......??
            Small cheap greenhouses/polytunnels that normally finish up as box kites!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Its a sobering thought but 5% of the worlds population live in buildings far worse than your sheds. (5% was a complete guess). Like BM I would have gone for the easy site due to a combination of age health and laze but in my youth I would have loved your challenge. Can't wait to see the outcome.

VC, re your Dalek urinal, will you squat with the lid on your head for complete invisibility? Will you shuffle around to spread the fertilizer? I have this vision of it tipping over if you do try to go mobile, a vision I wish I hadn't had.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

My blowaway greenhouses are 6'x4' tents. It has a tubular steel frame connected with plastic bits that often break (I wrap mine with SOS pipe repair tape first to strengthen them), pegged down with inadequate little wire hoops (using broom thanks hammered into the ground and duct taped to the uprights is better), no bracing (I've tied guy ropes across the internal diagonals) covered with a reinforced polythene cover with a flap on it to cover with soil ( I dug a shallow trench, assembled the frame and the cover so the bottom sits in the trench, filled with soil, covered the soil with bricks then put troughs onto the bricks). Even with mild breezes the cover tends to flap about and launch those trays of seedlings you have on the two inbuilt shelves across the floor (sticking canes between the frame and cover can lessen this)..

As Snadger said they get their nickname from the fact that their natural habitat seems to be hanging from a tree branch several plots away, but with the modifications above I've had a 6' and a 3' up for twelve months now.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                  ....................., but with the modifications above I've had a 6' and a 3' up for twelve months now.
                  Which tree would that be then?
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                    It never ceases to amaze me how much c**p people allow to accumulate on their plots.
                    At fed meeting one site said they'd had trouble evicting someone who used their plot for storage of plastic windows only.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                      At fed meeting one site said they'd had trouble evicting someone who used their plot for storage of plastic windows only.
                      Ah, we've got one of those as well. Builder using plot as a storage yard......NOT this year though!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Nice looking plot Jay-ell. My new one's exactly the opposite, nothing on it bar brambles and what looks like a fair amount of buried carpet and glass fragments. I particularly like the leaning sheds of Pisa. Could you get a still in one of them? Peapod burgundy anyone....?
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Looking at the construction of the sjeds it looks like it was built at an agle (?!)
                          I have to look at redoing the floors of the sheds.

I used to have a plot like yours in East London. What is it about londoners with fully carpeted allotments?

Watch out for the buried shopping trolley.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

DOLPHIN

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Poor little thing - it'll suffocate in that bag. Let it out and set it free

Comment

Im tempted to keep all the dolphins and hide them round the plot.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X