No announcement yet.

Yana - yana

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one, although at my age I would have gone for the easy option especially at this time of year when time needs to be spent preparing the ground, sowing etc............
    Don't forget to put some monthly pics in the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_83084.html
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Once I clear out the last of the leeks and turnips the ground is in pretty good Nick. Apparently there was loads of horse muck in them last year which is now really nice. The weeds in there pull up easily.

I was told yesterday that the plot ready to go has a mares tail / horse tail problem so I'm glad I didn't take that one.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

You'll have turned that lot of "potential" into a show garden by the end of June
        I foresee the Vine Virtual Veg Show will have lots of entries from Jay-ell this year

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how much c**p people allow to accumulate on their plots. I'd be itching to have a good clear out. Could you get a skip nearby, or will most of it burn? Our plots are 1/4 plots but still one plot holder on our site has so much junk on it, there's barely room to grow stuff. If Steptoe had a plot that's what it would be like. Still if the soil is good and no nasty weeds, you should be away in no time. Good luck!

Comment

I plan on burning what I can and sort the rest onto the front bit so I can get a skip in and loaded up in as day (my plot is 2nd from the gate so less walking and less time for other people's stuff to stray into it)

The worst weeds I've seen are dandelion and some young nettle seedlings (I felt them first)

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yey!...first crop- nettle soup!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

or dandelion salad. Or even dandelion coffee. I was thinking about buying some french or Italian dandelion seeds as they have selected salad varieties.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Nettle Tea & Dandelion Tea. The crops will love it.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

It's true what they say then - for a man anyway, there's no such thing as too many sheds!

I love sorting junk, and I love bonfires too - my kind of plot JL
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

My sister's just been down to have a nose and has laid claim to some of the stuff I wa going to skip to recycle into craft projects.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

One man's junk is another person's craft project
                        Hope your sister is going to upcycle the plastic dolphins. Ever since you mentioned them I've wanted to see them, maybe start a charity to adopt them.

" Urgent Appeal!
                        Plastic dolphins found washed up on allotment.
                        Donations needed to return them to the sea. Each donor will be entitled to name their dolphin and may make regular donations towards its upkeep."

Don't tell Snadger or he'll want a cut

Comment

I'm very impressed with what you've got and found. The thing is you can make the allotment your own and shuffle stuff about. Very impressed with the greenhouses and sheds
                          You will soon turn it round clearing all the rubbish out.
                          sigpic

Comment

It looks like the makings of a good plot with plenty of usable buildings
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              It's true what they say then - for a man anyway, there's no such thing as too many sheds!

I love sorting junk, and I love bonfires too - my kind of plot JL
                              One shed to store the the pots
                              Another for the filling
                              One shed to brew the tea
                              Another for the drinking

And what about the fifth shed?

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

That's the only time I've wanted a shed on my plot (we're not allowed them). Good reason for growing Alderman peas, for a quick pee in the peas. Yes, I have been desperate enough!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X