No announcement yet.

Yana - yana

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a dalek - you could either sit on the top, or, if you're too modest, put an empty one on over your head and squat inside it...............Yes, I like that idea, may have to try it

Comment

^^^^^Take your medicine VC, take your medicine
      Last edited by Greenleaves; 28-03-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

No need, GL, I don't have an upset stomach

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          What happened to the good ole days of bucket and chuckit?

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
          That's the only time I've wanted a shed on my plot (we're not allowed them). Good reason for growing Alderman peas, for a quick pee in the peas. Yes, I have been desperate enough!
          You could have a pea and bean version of a living willow hut

Anyhoo, when I saw the first two pics I thought you must be bonkers but seeing everything else I can see why. Can't wait to see what you do with it

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            What about a dalek - you could either sit on the top, or, if you're too modest, put an empty one on over your head and squat inside it...............Yes, I like that idea, may have to try it
            I am going to dream tonight about daleks walking round allotments tonight. I am sure of it

Comment

You could wear one round your waist like a crinoline

Comment

I had a discussion about this yesterday and decided against it

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Don't forget, you're gonna have to change your username to "Three_Sheds"................
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I thought it was "Five_Sheds"

Comment

I thought it was "Five_Sheds"
                      Nah, 2'll fall down before Easter.....................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Brilliant plot Jay-Ell .Hope you enjoy every minute bringing it into line.

Comment

Here's a rough outline of my plan. Brown are beds, black are sheds, light green for greenhouse/bloways/cold frame, grey for paths and dark green for arches.

Of course it'll all probably change again by tomorrow.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

What a plan! How large is the plot? Please keep us updated with numerous pics!

Comment

I forgot to write down the measurements, silly me.
                              Plot tapers from 24' at the front to 20' at the back. Front section is about 20' to the back of the sheds. The main section is about 50' an the greenhouse is about 6 by 10ish. The back is 15' then the sheds are about another 4' or 5'.

In the front I'll have two blowaway style cold frames and I want to try having a go at melons. Along the front fence (when I rebuild it) I was thinking of putting convert. I'm thinking of having a central gate (in addition to the one at the bottom) with a double rose arch with grape vines growing up it. The other beds will have more ornamental plants (curly kale, purple dwarf beans, etc) both the possibility of a Brown Turkey fig along the top.

The main central bit will have the raised beds paired off so I can do crop rotation but that large patch is where I've been doing my burning and I'm thinking of putting my squash & pumpkins in there.

In the back section I'm planning on putting my fruit bushes. There's also a tall fence on the top (which faces southwest) where I may put the kiwi I fruit I accidentally bought.

It may be a while till you notice much difference on the photos though.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Prime real estate there Jay-ell!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X