No announcement yet.

Yana - yana

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got onions, shallots, carrots, parsnips, radishes, salsify, scorzonera, Hamburg parsley, winter squash, summer squash, courgettes beetroot, kale, collards, sprouts, runner beans amd french beans in at the minute.

I've also got rhubarb growing

Next I have to move the centre path 18" to 2' to the right, demolish the beds on the other half of the plot, rebuild the 2' tp the right and prep under the new fence for my fruit bushes.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Wow, you must be well happy.
      Note:- Rhubarb looks like it could do with some manure/compost, if you have a spare 2 minutes.
      Last edited by fishpond; 26-05-2015, 11:15 AM.
      Feed the soil, not the plants.
      (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
      Bob

Comment

Unrecognisable, jay-ell You'll soon be ready to take on another shanty town makeover challenge.

Comment

the rhubarb is growing from under the greenhouse/shed so it's "dismantle greenhouse, manure rhubarb, rebuild greenhouse" - this gardening malarkey is real simple isn't it

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

By the way, if you look at the photo of the bean bed you can see how I'm doing some of the paths.

The path is 2 foot wide with a central section of bricks and soil down the side planted up with penny royal and purple creeping thyme to make an aromatic path. I've got. few hundred seedlings on the go of both plants plus load of chamomile so I'll be able to plant up more paths, but probably not enough bricks. Pennyroyal is supposed to be an insectifuge as well as attracting hover file with its flowers and lightening your senses when eliminating along th e paths. The thyme is supposed to do similar things with cabbage root fly.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I almost forgot the cucumbers, melons and cucamelons in the blow away as well as the sweet peppers, chillies, aubergine and tomatoes which are in the greenhouse waiting potting up, plus a couple of gutters of peas and broad beans.

Well I think I have a day off next week so I guess I'll be busy that day shifting all those flag stones. Gonna need the next four bed pretty darn soon.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

It's been a while but I've finally got around to doing an update. This time I'm going to do it in the medium of Nohtheatre.

Noh I'm not. I've made an update video whilst playing with my new laptop.
                Last edited by Jay-ell; 22-08-2015, 11:18 PM.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

..............and they weren't wrong
                  Brilliant - loved the music. Just one teeny tiny criticism - I didn't spot any dolphins

Comment

A man of many talents wor Jason! You have done really well on a plot that resembled downtown Soweto when you took it on!

Those pumpkins are the star though (and I'm not jealous!)
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      ..............and they weren't wrong
                      Brilliant - loved the music. Just one teeny tiny criticism - I didn't spot any dolphins
                      Got no sound.....did I miss much?
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The music was the best bit - Jay-ell playing the funeral march and then singing in his best deep voice.
                        I know it was him, whatever anyone else may think!

Comment

It was a little bit of Chopin followed by Louis Armstrong (this means that the vid can't be played in Germany apparantly)

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

One of my fav songs is Sachmo's Wonderful World. For some reason puts a tear in my eye every time I hear it.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Excellent video....made me chuckle!
                              That's amazing progress in a few short months....puts my plot to shame...

and yeah, Louis makes me well up anorl!
                              http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Jasons Jungle videos

I guite enjoyed making that video, so I decided to do a walkaround with comentary looking at all the beds.

As a little bit of a geek I have a 3D TV and also have a 3D camera so I've done two versions a 3D and none 3D

None 3D version
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYeAj_q24TI

3D version
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHl4qSmgSjc

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X