No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like being called 'young lady' by one of our 'older guys' , he's 92 ! Love him.
    DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      I would prefer "More mature people"
      Trouble is Bill, the 'older people' (was going to say chaps!). Are often not 'more mature'!

Actually we have no trouble with the allotmenters, it's the miserable guys from the Bowls club, who are always having a go, about where our cars are parked, and once some poor young couple had a little bonfire, OMG, they received a lot of offensive comments and were told to put it out immediately !
      DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        Trouble is Bill, the 'older people' (was going to say chaps!). Are often not 'more mature'!

Actually we have no trouble with the allotmenters, it's the miserable guys from the Bowls club, who are always having a go, about where our cars are parked, and once some poor young couple had a little bonfire, OMG, they received a lot of offensive comments and were told to put it out immediately !

Guys? I bet their wives made them complain.

You could always write "Bum" in round up on their pitch.
        Last edited by Bill HH; 08-11-2013, 03:52 PM.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Guys? I bet their wives made them complain.
          No,their wife's sit in the looking very embarrassed ! They just hate us, we are a new site of just 16 plots, used to be a meadow, they can't really see us as lots of large trees, but they just hate us
          DottyR

Comment

You could always write "Bum" in round up on their pitch.
            Oh sorry I didn't see that comment, we wouldn't even go near their pitch!

I think you are very naughty Bill! How cud you think of such a thing! Now it's in my mind!
            DottyR

Comment

Right well wish me luck, I'm off down there to measure up and take some pictures. I'm taking the tenancy agreement and also my husband and young children so hopefully if there's someone else there they won't be too unpleasant.

Comment

Good luck, Methe! Hope it all goes well. 🌻🌽🍅

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Well there was no-one there but it's definitely being used. There are crops in the ground I didn't notice before, what I think must be leek seedlings and some netted cauliflower. I've never grown leeks myself so don't know how long they take to grow so who knows of they were put in before end Aug. It seems a bit weird to put stuff in then hand in the key, unless perhaps the guy became unwell. There are notices up but they've not been opened.

It looked much more used than I noticed the other day tbh.

Comment

Leeks and cauliflowers take months to grow Methe, so they're not recent additions. Memory is a strange thing, you probably just noticed more this time. You need to take some photos.

Comment

I did take photos today the caulis were big but the leeks, if that's what they were were very small.

Comment

I'd get in there and start making it yours. If anyone says anything, just look surprised, and show them the letter!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

It just feels too good to be true if it is mine in that condition. I had expected a strip of ground waist high in weeds and rubble!

Comment

Haha! It doesn't always happen like that. I'd say make the most of it!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Ice hopefully attached some pictures :-)
                              Attached Files

Comment

If those are the "leeks" in the 2nd photo, they've bee there a while - not planted in the last few weeks.
                                Looks like something has been sprayed on that brown patch?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X