No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No not seen anyone apart from the chap I was speaking to yesterday who told me all he knew. I like the sound of your approach but i dont know if i have the guts and i don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the other plot holders, particularly if there is a bit of an old boys network. I was hoping I'd be able to make some friends and learn lots.

It feels a but like I've had the wind taken out of my sails with all this, I was so excited.

Comment

It sounds gutting after waiting so long, but it would be worse if you're the one who had done lots of work and then had to be moved. But if the works from the person before, not the imposter, they should def be kicked off it. I have a thread in the allotment section, but basically I went to my allotment today to find a lot of my hard work and perennial plants have been broken as they were trying to fix the road. 2 beds of perennial plants gone, and all the scaffold boards I'd used just dumped on the pile of mud they left. They gave no warning at all.

Hope you sort it out or they find you a new one soon, in some ways its best to start from scratch and have a blank canvas.
      http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Oh that sounds awful I'd have been furious. You are right I suppose but whomever is using it must know thy don't have a tenancy agreement and I hope the council don't just allow them to stay otherwise what's the point in waiting lists?

The work may well be from the person before. There's still beetroot in the ground and potatoes which no-one could have grown in the last month.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Methe, what an awful dilemma to be in on your first plot. Although the council say they are dealing with it, I would be tempted to politely approach this person with agreement & map in hand & ask him if he has the same as you think the council may have mixed up. That way, you are not accusing him of working the plot unlawfully & can take it from there. I find it strange that someone would just take on a plot without agreement, especially a plot holder already on the site as they should know better............good luck, I hope it works out for you.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi and welcome...
            Hope it all works out well for you...
            Given that you say there are beetroot and potatoes growing, I wonder is it just someone waiting to harvest them based on a nod from old owner or one of the existing plot holders who knew he left... Maybe they then plan to vacate?
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

I think BM gives good advice.

Arrive plan in hand and ask the question, the person concerned may well have a similar plan, council problem, or realise their mistake.

Potty
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

The council have put up notices today so we'll have to see what transpires. The council seem to think it is mine and whoever is using it will have to leave so I'm just going to take a backseat untill it's been sorted out.

It's tainted the whole thing tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Methe View Post
                  The council have put up notices today so we'll have to see what transpires. The council seem to think it is mine and whoever is using it will have to leave so I'm just going to take a backseat untill it's been sorted out.

It's tainted the whole thing tbh.
                  Have you been down there and seen the notices Methe? How many visits have you made to the site?

Please don't let this put you off, I'm sure once this is sorted out everything will be fine.

Comment

I've been twice but haven't actually seen the notices myself, they only went up today. Dh said we should just go at the weekend and start doing our thing. It seems to be someone trying their luck rather than a misunderstanding so maybe I just need to be a bit forceful.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                      Have you been down there and seen the notices Methe? How many visits have you made to the site?

Please don't let this put you off, I'm sure once this is sorted out everything will be fine.
                      RL is right, don't be put off, just have to maybe wait till it's sorted out, hopefully quickly. The other Lottie's will welcome you I'm sure, they'll just be happy someone is working the plot ( the right person I mean).

It wasn't your mistake remember, you just want a plot.

DottyR
                      DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Methe View Post
                        I've been twice but haven't actually seen the notices myself, they only went up today. Dh said we should just go at the weekend and start doing our thing. It seems to be someone trying their luck rather than a misunderstanding so maybe I just need to be a bit forceful.
                        When you do resolve this offer them a fiver for the greenhouse.
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I'll pay them properly for the greenhouse if they're not taking it with them.

Comment

Perhaps the GH belonged to the last tenant - not the squatter. In which case - pay him nothing!! Ask the neighbours how long the GH has been there.

Comment

The council tried to call the pervious tenant to ask but it was an old number. The sheds were definitely the previous tenants and ill be very please to inherit them. A greenhouse would really be the icing on the cake.

Comment

August isn't very long ago, and the work you've noticed could well have been carried out by the previous tenant.

I bet the greenhouse was his too, and is now rightfully yours as you've signed a tenancy agreement for the plot and everything on it.

Go at the weekend and enjoy yourself. If someone else turns up just show him your copy of the tenancy and ask him to leave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X