No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not yet. I went to measure up after I got the email and accosted a guy there and he said the other plot is empty too so I think I'm going to accept it as long as I can be offered first refusal for the other half . The council don't seem to be on the ball particularly with who's doing what!

Do you 5x14m is big enough of I can't have the other half? It really doesn't look very big.

Comment

• Really glad for you that this has been sorted out you'll have to start a new thread with photos.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• If the guy died a year ago that scuppers my plans to get him "done in". Also who recently handed in their keys and to which plot. All very strage.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• I don't know. I think there needs to be a public enquiry as to how this site is run

I have emailed the secretary back and asked about the other plot so will have to see.

I'm quite looking forward to putting this to bed and starting my own 'look at my allotment' thread .. Including photos

Comment

• I had a plot that was 10 x 11 for a while Methe, its a good start as its not too daunting to recover to good health, you can always add to it when the extra bit becomes available
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
              Not yet. I went to measure up after I got the email and accosted a guy there and he said the other plot is empty too so I think I'm going to accept it as long as I can be offered first refusal for the other half . The council don't seem to be on the ball particularly with who's doing what!

Do you 5x14m is big enough of I can't have the other half? It really doesn't look very big.
              It's a lot more than you have at the moment. I would take it and make it known that you would be interested in a bigger plot if / when one becomes available. Plus, when you are actually on the site you can keep your eyes open for untended plots and push the Council to do something about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                If the guy died a year ago that scuppers my plans to get him "done in".
                Who do you think did him in? and I didn't charge much Well done on the not swampy go for it and keep pushing for a bigger plot as and when you can.
                Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• I so wanted to say oih that's my plot. But i am so gutted for you.

He said he had the plot for 5 years but has he paid in that time?

Is there no committee for the allotment? I contacted them directly when i
                  enquired about my site.

I didnt contact the council at all.

Comment

• No committee, it's all council run.

It's just one of those things isn't it. I knew it was too good to be true

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X