No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated hello & welcome fingers crossed it gets sorted to your satisfaction in the shortest time,if you get the swampy plot 9 you could be the vine's champion celeriac grower
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Well at least you know what's happened now, and before you did anything too drastic. Think they should give you a greenhouse, as compensation for the upset, and raising your hopes that the plot had a greenhouse on it!

Wishful thinking maybe.
      DottyR

Comment

• Well there you go All's cr.p that begins well. I presume you wont take the swamp plot? If there are others likely to be had it might be best to wait. I feel genuinely angry for you.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
          Think they should give you a greenhouse, as compensation for the upset.
          Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          if you get the swampy plot 9 you could be the vine's champion celeriac grower
          I love the positive aspect of the vine, there is never a down side, and there is always an opportunity in every situation.
          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• If they offer you the swamp decline it gracefully unless they choose to drain it for you.

Don't be put off by an overgrown (non-cultivated) plot. OK, it's hard work clearing but at least it will be yours. The main thing to look for is non-swampy and not too close to big trees (the roots would cause problems).

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
              It was an admin error. They are not sure which plot they keys were handed back for so they are investigating. They are also writing some letters out for non cultivation. Im still top of the list so hopefully I should be offered one soon.. Fingers crossed I don't get swampy plot 9!
              Lets hope they didn't mistake the 3 for a 9
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I would say methe if they offer you a 1/2 plot, take it but ask if you can remain on the list if a full plot becomes available. A friend of mine had 2 years on a half plot before being moved to a bigger spot.
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Ask them to come and show you the plot on offer - so that there can be no confusion. Hope they don't take too long about it

Comment

• I wouldn't accept swampy plot 3 ( it did occur to me that maybe they would have mixed the 2 up too ) and the other possibility is only half a plot and is apparently riddled with marestails. I'm not sure which is worse!

Comment

• Horestail (marestail is an aquatic plant) is dealable with, as are most weeds.

Comment

• I've been fighting a losing battle with it in my garden for almost 10 years, have you got any good tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by Methe View Post
                          I've been fighting a losing battle with it in my garden for almost 10 years, have you got any good tips?
                          Yep - move!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Just keep digging and hoeing. You'll never get rid of it completely, but you can crowd it out. As soon as you see a new shoot of it pull it out and put it in the council bin or burn it.

Comment

• Wet ground and horsetail seem to go together - or they did on my plot

Comment

• i have a lot of HT on my plots,you learn to live with it,some say not to compost it,i now put the top green growth to compost,as well as in the brewing barrel,the roots no,either drown in the barrel or burn,as lonn as no roots the thick or fine black ones are not attatched ,i have never had any bother,put it to good use,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X