No announcement yet.

Someone appears to have pinched my allotment :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bummer Methe. One hand not knowing what the other one's doing. If the half plot looks OK, why not take that? It may be best to start with a size that's manageable and see how you get on.

Comment

• The I would probably take the half plot if offered it. It isn't marked as a half plot on my map but a plot which used to be split ie, the dividing line has been tippexed out it's a nice sized plot if its a whole but very small as half, it's less than a 3rd the size of the one I thought I had.

The other one is a no-go. I've been gardening long enough to know it wouldn't work.

I am disappointed although maybe there is a silver lining and if I do get offered one i'll be able to do it all myself rather than taking over someone's hard graft and never feeling like I deserve to be proud of it.

Thank you for all your kind words
      Last edited by Methe; 10-11-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• It'll work out for the best Methe - whatever happens. As you say, the next one will be yours, and not tarnished by worries. You've also found a friend there and that's a good start.

Comment

• Absolutely. He was a nice easy to talk to sort and if I ever manage to wield a spade there I imagine he'll he a good friend to have.

Comment

• You need to get back in touch with the Council and explain what has happened to them. I expect your new friend will be doing the same.

Comment

• I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves. At least I know i'm top of the list, whatever happens

Comment

• Hi Methe,

Just wanted to say that I can understand you being cautious, but would say just get stuck in, as it is his problem, not yours.

Good luck
                Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

• Seems like the Council really have messed up,hopefully they can sort you out a proper vacant plot very soon.
                  DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
                    Hi Methe,

Just wanted to say that I can understand you being cautious, but would say just get stuck in, as it is his problem, not yours.

Good luck
                    Thats not strickly true, If he has a ligitimate tenancy on this plot then any subsequent tenancy granted would be automitcaly nul and void. Of course there is the possibility that the mistake occurd 5 years ago and HE is on the wrong plot.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• What a shame Methe. You're taking it better than I would be. The council would be having a sore ear by now!

Hope you get something sorted quick smart. I know it's coming to the end of your summer season, but you can overwinter some plants and you can bed down the rest with manure/cardboard and let the ground/worms do their stuff for you over winter.

Best of luck.
                      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• No point being angry about it! It wouldn't change anything and the council are much more likely to try to sort their mess out if im reasonable.

Comment

• So have you phoned them yet Methe?

Comment

• Im at work until half 1. They've tried to call me but not been able to answer. Im interested to see what's happened!

Comment

• See this is all done wrong, the secretary should visits site and discuss which plots are up with the committee then meet a new tenant there to show them the plot in question. Anything else is open to confusion.
                              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• It was an admin error. They are not sure which plot they keys were handed back for so they are investigating. They are also writing some letters out for non cultivation. Im still top of the list so hopefully I should be offered one soon.. Fingers crossed I don't get swampy plot 9!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X