Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up the bean poles, planted out the soup peas, red and white cabbages and a few more kohlrabi. Weeded between the lettuces.

Comment

• Sorted out my front garden.
      Raised the soil level and laid down some decorative paving slabs I can use to place my flower containers on.
      Earthers up my containers of potatoes.
      Did some weeding and tidied the greenhouse.
      Potted on some tomatoes and peppers into larger pots.
      Then some family arrived, so that put an end to the work.
      However, I am pleased with the progress.
      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Planted the sweet peas
        Finally cleared the top of the coal bunker and put the sacks of coal in, that's been waiting to go in since before Christmas!
        Potted on thunbergia, cobea scandens and mina lobata
        Went through a load of old little pots with lots of seedlings in. This included 3 golden hops and 50 erigeron, I love those little flowers, such good doers
        Planted out cylindrica beetroots plugs.
        Pricked out Gustav's salad lettuces into the wall troughs on my kitchen wall.
        Tied in all clematis.
        Tied back a shrub fuschia that was overhanging the path.
        After a good dose of rain all day yesterday, the weather was lovely today, sunny and warm, all in all a good day was had
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Planted out some sugar snap peas and Jerusalem artichokes. Potted on fuchsia, trailing beginonia and non-stop begonias planted more alstromeria
          Last edited by rary; 05-05-2024, 04:01 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Potted on my tomatoes, cucumbers and courgettes.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bought a new lawnmower yesterday,mowed the back lawn,did the edges & a bit of weeding. I need to do the front but it looks like we’re going to have rain in a minute. A lot of my plants are very small still,I’m going to feed them some seaweed in a minute.

Comment

• Yesterday, I planted up lots of perennials I've had in pots for way too long. Echinacea, achillea and aquilegia. Cleared out two old containers of bits n bobs, old pots etc.
                Watered all the pots in the courtyard plus all the recently sown stuff, the new flowerbed, sweet peas, beetroots and the raised strawberry bed.
                Potted up chitted crystal apple cucumbers.
                Last edited by peanut; 07-05-2024, 07:02 AM.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!

Comment

• Smashing bank holiday here - positively tropical weather on Saturday, cloudy but quite pleasant on Sunday & nice all morning yesterday so we crammed in a good number of hours of work even with all the chatting to plot neighbours & 'having a whiff' to sit on the bench

Our spuds are finally in the ground as are the first batch of mangetout & broadies.

Our autumn raspberries, blackcurrant & rhubarb also got a nice feed with some chicken manure pellets.

Always lots more to do but it feels great to actually have things growing in the soil rather than just in the blowaway/on the windowsill

About two thirds of the new bed layout as been edged with unwanted floorboards donated by a friend (the horizontal path is now gone to make 3 long beds instead of 6). We need more wood & to extend further up the plot a bit more which we'll hopefully finish next weekend - then we can cover the 2 vertical paths with wood chips.

Lots of weeding & ground prep done so we can crack on with more planting next week.

Is it too late to move strawberries now do you think? The ground's been too wet until now.

Comment

• Potted up cucumber and some marigolds.

Comment

• Put some young cabbage plants and leeks out to harden off
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mowed the lawns and washed the car!
                        Decided to rearrange the courtyard garden pots, only managed to move the huge acer before my back gave a little warning twinge that that was enough for today
                        No fresh muntjac droppings....

Comment

• Weeding, potting on, and generally tidying up.
                          More weeding tomorrow for sure
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Today we emptied my GH and pressure washed it.

Comment

• Planted up the 4 big tomato plants I bought at the beginning of April.
                              They are in their final pots in the greenhouse.
                              Moved the rest of them into bigger pots.
                              My grandson is going to look after them while I am away but they are still quite small.
                              I have my fi gets crossed that they will survive

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Fingers..🤞🤞🤞