Annoying Neighbour

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Janice View Post
    Sticky rhubarb teabread with cinnamon icing you say? Down on one knee, let's take a look at that ring.

Ooooch...can you help me back up?
    Attached Files
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Gosh - I'm going to buy a hat!
      http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Me too. I paid €80,000 for the last one only to be told I couldn't come to the wedding dressed in it. Wonder if Eugenie's is for sale....
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Wonder if Eugenie's is for sale....
          Yes it was. Unfortunately for you it has just been sold on ebay it raised £81,100 for UNICEF & Children in Crisis....
          Last edited by daisygrubber; 23-05-2011, 08:53 AM.
          Kaye x

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments."

Comment

I paid €80,000 for the last one
            Wow, now that's what I call an overhead...!
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

im a big believer in the meek shall inherit the earth...but only if its ok with everyone else!!!! That said all out war won't make your allotment any more enjoyable, and in my experience a good scrap only brings relief for the duration of the scrap. Forever after there is a horrible atmosphere. I think your idea of roses and fences is a good one. I dont know if you can get weldmesh panels where you are, but they are really robust while letting light through. I use them on my garden. They do *unfortunately* have the *disadvantage* thet if you dont cut them carefully they can scratch you quite badly if you lean over them.......
              Is this woman maybe a bit senile? It might account for her behaviour and her daughters lack of patience?I know it doesnt help your crop but sometimes things are not as irritating if you know the person cant help it!

Comment

Originally posted by daisygrubber View Post
                Yes it was. Unfortunately for you it has just been sold on ebay it raised £81,100 for UNICEF & Children in Crisis....
                Think you will find it was Beatrice's hat and that was the one I was jesting about.
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by baldrick View Post
                  im a big believer in the meek shall inherit the earth...but only if its ok with everyone else!!!! That said all out war won't make your allotment any more enjoyable, and in my experience a good scrap only brings relief for the duration of the scrap. Forever after there is a horrible atmosphere. I think your idea of roses and fences is a good one. I dont know if you can get weldmesh panels where you are, but they are really robust while letting light through. I use them on my garden. They do *unfortunately* have the *disadvantage* thet if you dont cut them carefully they can scratch you quite badly if you lean over them.......
                  Is this woman maybe a bit senile? It might account for her behaviour and her daughters lack of patience?I know it doesnt help your crop but sometimes things are not as irritating if you know the person cant help it!
                  Rosa Rugosa - no fence needed provides 7' high hedge with thorns that will have her skin off and her eyes out :-)
                  She'll never get through it! Just make sure the sun shines on yours casting shade from the hedge on her's = 2 x :-)

PS: forgot that Rosa Rugosa will bring you pollinators too!
                  Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 26-05-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Weldmesh and Rosa Rugosa it is. I walked in to the allotment yesterday to see her examining my quinces. Last year, when I got the allotment and didn't pay any attention to the quince tree, it went from twenty to three overnight with no quinces on the ground. She likes quinces. This year I have probably about forty. More worryingly my pear tree is within reach. I have numbered the pears on it with tags with the word No on each.

I agree about the ongoing unpleasantness after a scrap. I don't want that, it's bad enough I have to remember not to sigh disheartedly out loud when I see her coming up the path without the urge to build gallows as a centrepeice. I'm not there today, she is. I will probably go back tomorrow to find my fennel tops trimmed and my sugasnaps harvested.
                    D.O.B 24/12/65
                    Mothers Maiden Name: Anger
                    Favourite City: Tokyo
                    Pet's name: Quiet Bob
                    Name of the Town you were born in: Blackheath
                    Memorable name: Nivea20
                    World you most use as a password: Terry Towelling

Comment

What is it about "old uns" on allotments! I had similar treatment when I first started, I am now secretary and go out of my way to advise new plotholders. we all have to learn.
                      Does your site not have a trespass rule, ie no plot holder is allowed onto any other plot without permission? Speak to the secretary of your site and request he/she intervene. Or just ask them have they always been so negative to newcomers??? sometimes being blunt works with bullies.

Comment

She may be a friend of folks on there, but perhaps if you make a list of all her thefts and/or damage they might take it more seriously? Hope she gets stopped.

Comment

Ditto Incy and Suky - tell the committee, be polite but firm.
                          How about planting a load of blackberries down the fence line?

Comment

Planting blackberries is a good idea.
                            Last edited by chris; 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM.
                            Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

any more news on the annoying neighbor?

Comment

sorry I'ts a late post ( just joined ) .. re: the thief...I find a border of nettles works a treat..and they're free....huh... people in glass houses!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X