Annoying Neighbour

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Janice View Post
    Straight to the point, name, age, condition of back, snorer?
    I'll fill you in when I whittle it down to a shortlist.
    Name: mrbadexample
    Marital status: single
    Condition of back: knackered.
    Snorer: How am I supposed to know that?

I can fish spiders out of the bath, and bake nice cakes.

Time to buy a hat, grapes?
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I am currently bidding on Princess Beatrice's effort on eBay ;-)
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
        Snorer: How am I supposed to know that?
        You're single, ergo you snore. Non-snorers get snapped up like that
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          I am currently bidding on Princess Beatrice's effort on eBay ;-)
          Sorry, you're not coming in with that shocker!
          At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I can stand outside and provide aerial reception for the screening!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Well it all sounded so promising until we got to the back, I married one of those before. He couldn't carry the shopping, couldn't move wardrobes.. in the end I put a boulster down the centre of the bed because I was doing all the work there too. The day he died, I said the same thing I said when my cat died, no more pets. I mean they're amusing at the outset but they become a tie don't they? Don't get me wrong, I'll miss the disabled parking badge and his head but that's it.

Now, these cakes you bake, that could swing the vote, aside fromt he fact it followed on from "I can fish spiders out of baths", more information please.
              D.O.B 24/12/65
              Mothers Maiden Name: Anger
              Favourite City: Tokyo
              Pet's name: Quiet Bob
              Name of the Town you were born in: Blackheath
              Memorable name: Nivea20
              World you most use as a password: Terry Towelling

Comment

And another thing, despite me complaining, and gathering photographic evidence of her being worse than ever and wandering about taking just two or three things from each allotment and hiding it in a white carrier bag up her sleeve so no one noticed, the powers that be shrugged it off, since they are all friends and said "There's no harm in it and she's old."

Does anyone know of a battery powered camera triggered by movement? Because they might be fine with it up the other end but having her rush from my plot the moment I walk into the allotment is making me beyond furious.
                D.O.B 24/12/65

Comment

I think I'd be tempted to make a really boggy patch, just where she usually walks onto your plot. Easy enough with a bit of pond liner, a bit of a trench, and plenty of water... Not deep enough to be classed as a man-trap though, obviously - I think that's illegal

Comment

anymore update with this Angry Janice? ")
                    I hate slugs!!

Comment

I'd sit in wait with a cattle prod, and poke her sharply up the chuff with it, when she came near...
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Cattle prods are good, but I find if you douse the target in water first, the end result is far more effective; so have the hose on standby
                        “Behold her, single in the field,
                        Yon solitary Highland lass!
                        Reaping and singing by herself;
                        Stop here, or gently pass!”

Comment

I've got an annoying next-door-but-two plot neighbour, constantly walks over my strawberry beds, not using my paths. Last time I was there I couldn't help it, just exploded in a wraith of fury pointing out the straws he crushed, along with flowers, etc.

I felt instant guilt afterwards, but seeing him jump in disbelief that someone would dare to speak to him like that was amusing (I giggle about it often during the day).

He's stayed away, and the one time he came back he used the paths. I pointed out to him that as he grows in rows, and if I walked on his plot like he did mine I'd cross most of 1/2 his rows trampling all his crops.

Don't want to make enemies, but damn after his cut the sloe bush down - that was the final straw!

Comment

Well it all sounded so promising until we got to the back, I married one of those before. He couldn't carry the shopping, couldn't move wardrobes...
                            Err...well...I can carry shopping, and I can move wardrobes, but I'll grumble about it. A lot. Anyway, do we really need all that shopping? And that wardrobe looks great where it is, dear.

Now, these cakes you bake, that could swing the vote, aside from the fact it followed on from "I can fish spiders out of baths", more information please.
                            I make a particularly fine carrot cake, but can also make a decent chocolate yoghurt cake, victoria sponge, parkin, sticky rhubarb teabread with cinnamon icing...the list goes on. I think GN's a bit scared of me, because I got no reply after actually producing the goods.
                            Last edited by mrbadexample; 18-05-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Perhaps you could run CCTV to catch "light fingers" with hat acting as electrical source

Comment

Sticky rhubarb teabread with cinnamon icing you say? Down on one knee, let's take a look at that ring.
                                D.O.B 24/12/65

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X