X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lardman View Post
    Tufty and his mates
    I have flying secateurs aka parakeets that do that.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      So, this morning spoke to the private firm who is doing the Councils Financial Assessments for Social Services support. It appears that although our LPA is for Health and Wellbeing I need a financial LPA to be able to sort out my OH's care needs as far as they are concerned. .
      You can do it online Lumpy - it's very simple, they print and you sign send it back. It's a 12 week process to give time for objections ... and if I recall about £80 though.

https://www.lastingpowerofattorney.service.gov.uk/home

Struggling to see why you need it though - I've not been asked for a copy of mine dealing with my mothers social services stuff.

I too would like to rant today about Social Services and their incompetence.

Comment

• Can everyone who's getting excited about it raining please *^%# off
        We have a weather warning out to expect 10" between now and Thursday. The way it is out there right now. I'm pleased we've got a boat

Comment

• Large part of front page of Telegraph taken up with story about some nonentity from "Strictly" having a snog. Surely there are more important things in World.

RHS cutting London shows to two a year! There used to be about eight or even ten. I used to go to most of them , bought a lot of plants and enjoyed the various societies like hardy plants that had shows there. I'm going to cancel my membership. Too difficult to get to Wisley and Hampton Court too expensive. That's £150+ to spend on garden. Will go to Kew more often. May treat myself to taxi Haywards Heath to Borde Hill instead of walking!
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• When you want nice creamy mash potato and they 'go in the water' and you're left with grey sludge and the rest of the dinner is ready and wont keep.

Comment

• Neighbours a few houses down that decide to burn garden rubbish at 10.30 am
              smoke covered the washing lines of mine and next doors washing
              Hubby raced round and soon put them right.
              Me? I was at work
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Just found this rant thread , yummy I love a good rant, in fact now being an old Git (retire on Friday) it's my most favorite hobby next to gardening and drinking far too much real ale.

So hear we go, rant on..

I get fed up hearing about all this global warming and environmental pollution.
                I am not sure these electric cars are all they are made up to be.
                You still have to generate the electric to charge them. Plus production and disposal of the huge batteries must be an eco disaster.

My little 1.6 petrol ford focus gets tarred as an eco demon.
                But I only do 10 miles a month.
                So which would be worse.
                Me doing 10 miles a month in my focus.
                Or buying a new electric car and doing 10 miles a month.

Rant off
                Jimmy
                Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  Just found this rant thread , yummy I love a good rant, in fact now being an old Git (retire on Friday) it's my most favorite hobby next to gardening and drinking far too much real ale.

So hear we go, rant on..

I get fed up hearing about all this global warming and environmental pollution.
                  I am not sure these electric cars are all they are made up to be.
                  You still have to generate the electric to charge them. Plus production and disposal of the huge batteries must be an eco disaster.

My little 1.6 petrol ford focus gets tarred as an eco demon.
                  But I only do 10 miles a month.
                  So which would be worse.
                  Me doing 10 miles a month in my focus.
                  Or buying a new electric car and doing 10 miles a month.

Rant off
                  Jimmy
                  Biggest issue is that we don't produce the batteries in this country nor do we have the facilities to recycle them. For that matter, not any battery of same technology. (so I understand)

Comment

• I was so tired on getting home from work today, I thought I would just close my eyes for half an hour before making some tea. Have just woken up on the settee nearly six hours later, with a crick in my neck. Still feel shattered and just need to go up to bed, but that means I'll not have eaten anything today bar a few pieces of fudge at work and an Asian pear.

It is times like this when it is helpful to have some calorie dense junk food or bread in, but I am sadly lacking in such stuff right now and really don't have the energy to cook. I'll go and have a quick poke around in the kitchen and see if I can at least motivate myself to scramble some eggs or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lardman View Post
                      When you want nice creamy mash potato and they 'go in the water' and you're left with grey sludge and the rest of the dinner is ready and wont keep.
                      Try steaming in a pressure cooker.

I made mistake of letting potatoes cool down to mash later. They were so hard to mash.
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Cracking migraine this morning. Lost my central and left visual fields about 40 minutes after getting to work. We were understaffed as it was but I've had to come home. Going to curl up in bed for a bit and hope it goes away.

Comment

• Will somebody please tell my spring bulbs it’s not Spring............
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• That a person (I won’t give his name. Not because I’m kind but think violence done in the name of faith.....)
                            Sentenced in 2016 to five and a half years has been released today with less than half of his sentence served.

Our sentences are a joke sometimes. Shame on the powers that be.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• So, I'm standing in the garden early keeping an eye on our ancient dog because she's been a bit poorly. I spotted a huge Spanish slug that was out even when it's so cold. Pick up my pound shop tongs and plop it into my bucket of more salt than water (I leave all the other slugs alone as they are indigenous to Britain).
                              Oh there's another one thinks I. Nope, it's a curled orange leaf that has fallen off one of the trees.
                              I felt such a twonk and am glad that nobody else knows.

Comment

• Yes it’s me again.
                                I really hope that no Grape or lurker has had a day like mine.
                                I really hope today is a once in a lifetime event.
                                If the clock moved quicker I could go to bed so tomorrow comes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X