Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cashier just tried to charge me more than the actual price of things,but it’s the way she aggressively tried to rush me to pay,it’s not on it made me fume a bit in the shop. I was in cherry lane shop & I had this all out with them so I’m not talking behind anyone’s back or anything. What happened I was buying bird food but the prices on the shelves didn’t match the price at the till,I put my card in to pay but she said a price that was more than it should’ve been,I double checked my total & she was rushing me to put my pin number in,she said can you put your PIN number in twice & can’t you see that,in a rude way,I said its wrong it should come to £22 your rushing me to pay the wrong price,the man came over proved I was right,there was a mass queue by then,I just bought the two items that were priced proper,they lost out on £12 from me but I said it’s ok I’d buy them at Tesco,I only use that shop to save money but obviously it’s not cheaper because they lie! I’ll always check in there now!

Comment

• Nope no wet stuff just a water meter whizzing around like a demented thingy (can’t think what sorry)
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cabbage whites

Seen so many this yr and laying eggs everywhere, now i have caterpillers munching my salads:
        Northern England.

Comment

• Woman at a cat rescue centre snatching the kitten I and my two boys (ages 7 and 4) had chosen from youngest saying, "oh, no, no, I've changed my mind. You can't have her. I don't want her frightened to death."

After much thought, all I can think of that he did is rattled the bolt on the empty cage (because it made an interesting noise) three times and play with a loud cat toy in front of the kitten (who wasn't at all bothered).

My children do have behavioural issues (for good reasons) and can be loud and disruptive, but they were being very good and perfectly well behaved. I've had cats all my life, we have a cat now, and the boys are absolutely fine with her. I've cared for kittens, including a four week old runt who wasn't expected to live and who lived to a ripe old age. I've nursed rescue kittens who came to us with cat flu and grew up without any lasting effects. My boys are perfectly capable of being careful around a kitten, and we as their parents are perfectly capable of making sure kitten and boys stay safe.

There was nothing to stop her phoning me at home later to say she'd decided not to home the kittens with families with children, which I would have accepted with good grace. But to say that in front of the children, with such judgement and such nastiness.

We all left in tears.

(But please also see happy thread.)

Comment

• My rant - that I have to write this letter.

Dear Mother Nature,
            Thank you for proving to us, mere humans that we do not control everything.
            I’m thankful that you sent the Beast from the East and then it’s smaller brother to show us all how cold it could get.
            I really do appreciate everything you do for us but now you are continuing with your hot weather and no rain hissy fit us and the wildlife are suffering.
            Please accept my heart felt apologies for taking you for granted.
            Yours Sincerely
            Lumpy Elephant.
            XX
            Last edited by Lumpy; 20-07-2018, 05:49 PM.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Tesco Extra Purley moved everything around and their self service till scanner not working properly.

JJ tell them you'll report them to Trading Standards. If you're looking for bird food try Ebay. I got 20kg sunflower hearts for £21.95. It's tiny bit more expensive than others but I ordered 10:15 and it arrived 11:45 next day-got hour slot! DPD Hopewellsfeeds. Previous one used Yodel who were days late!

Despite yellow warnings no thunderstorms, not even a distant rumble.
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• I am so piggin fed up with the heat. I don’t sleep well at the best of times so 17C last night did not help.
                Do I have enough savings for me and the ‘girls’ to go somewhere colder - no!
                76 is a distant memory but now is horrible.

Comment

• Joining Lumpy on the ice mountain
                  my main rant is,B GAS,had a slot for this after,windows open,phones within arm reach,whent to pick the post up,and found a scrible on a dirty tatty bit of headed paper to say called,mmm not here mate,saw a van down the road pull up and gave him a lady coee,please go to happy thread for outcome.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Why is it that all 10 caulis decided to ripen at once, despite being carefully succession sown over more than two months....
                    Perhaps a good job they’re only slightly bigger than a cricket ball

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                      Joining Lumpy on the ice mountain
                      my main rant is,B GAS,had a slot for this after,windows open,phones within arm reach,whent to pick the post up,and found a scrible on a dirty tatty bit of headed paper to say called,mmm not here mate,saw a van down the road pull up and gave him a lady coee,please go to happy thread for outcome.
                      after all that,never heard a thing yet alone had a visit,they only seem to do these checks every 13 /14 months,not once a year as stated on the adverts,the only good thing is,they come out when i need them.
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 25-07-2018, 10:20 AM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• OK so if we have to have this heat......................please when is the monsoon due?

Oh eck I remember living in Singapore.

Comment

• Met Office keeps saying we'll be getting thunderstorms. I keep putting off using pole lopper.

Not even a distant rumble!
                          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Work are sending emails around to say "any electrical equipment on floors on the basement or ground floor levels should be moved onto tables and covered in polythene sheeting - flooding may happen tomorrow" - that's in the Midlands though, not Devon (grrr)
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• People who make a hobby out of moaning!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                                People who make a hobby out of moaning!
                                For my ex-wife it wasn't a hobby, it was a way of life.
                                She was never happy unless she had something to moan about.
                                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X