Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosses that get anxious when their staff do better than they themselves could and more than they themselves would.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 17-09-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Actually, my immediate bosses are usually very supportive. Last week was a weird week.

My rant today: Misogynistic senior management.

Comment

• This is not a rant just a sadness.
        I got an email from an animal sanctuary I try and support as much as possible.
        They have rescued, from slaughter horses including some elderly mares a lot from a stud.
        They are desparate for money to cover food and vet bills.
        We have been paying for our poorly 13+ Staffie and starting the process so her 9 year old daughter can have a dental so she can eat.
        Both from rescue 2ish months ago.

I wish I had the money to help the sanctuary out.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• You can’t do it all Lumpy!

My rant: my dog and fox carp!!! I could seriously give him away at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            My rant: my dog and fox carp!!! I could seriously give him away at the moment.
            Is he an eater or a roller. I've got an eater at least you can wash a roller.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That they don't do Fox Poop flavoured dog food. Not with real fox just the essense to keep the little 'foxers' happy.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• For the last few years my garlic crop has been getting smaller, so I wanted to plant some fresh stock this year. Our local DIY sheds don't stock it so today I went to the local garden centre hoping they would have a decent choice. But I'd forgotten that every time I go in there they have less gardening stuff and more tat. They have no garlic at all. So I guess I'm going to have to chance my arm buying online from one of those two big seed companies I have bad experiences with.
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                  For the last few years my garlic crop has been getting smaller, so I wanted to plant some fresh stock this year. Our local DIY sheds don't stock it so today I went to the local garden centre hoping they would have a decent choice. But I'd forgotten that every time I go in there they have less gardening stuff and more tat. They have no garlic at all. So I guess I'm going to have to chance my arm buying online from one of those two big seed companies I have bad experiences with.
                  I've had better results planting garlic from Tesco.
                  Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                    For the last few years my garlic crop has been getting smaller, so I wanted to plant some fresh stock this year. Our local DIY sheds don't stock it so today I went to the local garden centre hoping they would have a decent choice. But I'd forgotten that every time I go in there they have less gardening stuff and more tat. They have no garlic at all. So I guess I'm going to have to chance my arm buying online from one of those two big seed companies I have bad experiences with.
                    I bet you could buy Christmas decorations at the ‘garden centre ‘

Comment

• Man flu - 'nuff said.

Comment

• Piggin %%****, **^$££ power companies.

A few years ago we changed our electric and gas supply to one of the smaller companies. £25 a month cheaper, a small number of easy to understand tariffs, UK call center etc.

Our plan comes to an end in a few weeks and they now have a brain numbing array of tariffs, premium cost phone number and want to increase our DD by £12 a month because of source costs. The woman I spoke to was less than helpfull even when I said we were £311 in credit. I did suggest she actually took the account info before continuing her script about unit costs etc.

Even BG and SSE can offer us cheaper for the same fixed period with cheaper unit and daily charges.

Why do some of the smaller companies challenge the Big 6 just to become one of them.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

• I'm taking a lieu day tomorrow so I can attend a professional meeting in another city but I'm sat listening to the rain and reading about the flooding causing train delays. So now I'll be getting up extra super early in the morning and may not ever make it to my destination...

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                            I'm taking a lieu day tomorrow so I can attend a professional meeting in another city but I'm sat listening to the rain and reading about the flooding causing train delays. So now I'll be getting up extra super early in the morning and may not ever make it to my destination...
                            Can you skype /face time / videoconference?

I will be spending half of my day off catching up with the work I would have done today, had it not been for a steady stream of people ranting at me for things I cannot even influence, never mind control. Followed by having a go at me for not having done what I would have been doing if they hadn’t been ranting in the first place.....

Comment

• Getting old, can't stand change now. I use to embrace it and enjoy the "new" experience. Now changes happen so quickly that the people there to help don't even know there has been a change. I am talking about BANKS!!!

Happy man flu day.

Bill

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AE3C26AD-3EFF-4A17-ACE8-405C1ECF8E3C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	2380813So. Out picking raspberries this morning and found a huge branch through the roof of my beloved polytunnel. I’ve got it out but there’s a hole the size of a football in the plastic.

I am most unhappy with the weather gods.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X