Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday evening - Radio Luxembourg. Take your Pick with Michael Miles (and the Yes-No Interlude!), Winfred Atwell on the piano, the Black and White Minstrels , Billy Cotton Band Show. My Dad loved all these programmes - all I remember really is trying to tune in the big old wireless to Luxembourg - not Detroit or Athlone - and the budgie in his cage on top of the wireless squawking away to the music.

Comment

• You forgot the blackout curtains VC

Comment

• Didn't need them - we didn't have any lights

Comment

• Who said gardening and allotments are just for old codgers...
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• No idea, Bladdy? You maybe???

Comment

• Probably - I'm getting old too... but I do like the uplifting 'spirit of possibilities' presented here on a regular basis.

Dementia can have positive impacts - I keep telling my mum but will she listen / remember?

No... but then she lives in Somerset not (so called) sunshiny South Wales

- Sorry - just to be clear I'm only slightly hinting that VC may be deranged...

... had a bit of a day with my mum...

So carry on doing what you do best and ignore me
              Last edited by Baldy; 29-11-2017, 08:52 PM.
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Take your pck.
                Will you take the money, or open the box.?
                We loved that prgramme.
                Then the top twenty at eleven o'clock on a Sunday night with the sound fading in and out.
                Happy days.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                  So carry on doing what you do best and ignore me
                  Did you say something?
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                    I remember those machines in Freeman Hardy & Willis, being sized up for my Startrites. Startrite still going!
                    Thank you!....see I AM sane!

Startrites...yup, spot on
                    Last edited by Nicos; 29-11-2017, 09:24 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Had to nip out to get petrol and some bird food, it's a lot more than "tuppence a bag" these days(though to be fair the bag is a lot bigger).If the forecast snow isn't too bad, I'm off to Perth tomorrow to pick up my wife from our daughters, gritters just been down our close, that is a rare sight, must be bad stuff coming(or nice stuff if you don't have to go anywhere lol)

Comment

• burnie if you had been quick enough you could have been out and asked then to stop gritting your street

and for a small sum your wife would never know
                        Last edited by rary; 29-11-2017, 10:15 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sunday radio The Archie Andrews Show a ventriloquists dummy on the wireless
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Listen with mother on the radio!...
                            We had a TV when I was a nipper-I used to enjoy watching the 'fish swimming' in the Interlude between programmes.
                            Does anyone remember the advisories.....how to cross the road safely,the country code about shutting gates in fields, how to clean your teeth properly (up and down, up and down til they're clean and sparkly!)
                            Bill and Ben and the Woodentops were my favourite children's programmes
                            Dr Who and Dr Finlay's casebook too!

Comment

• Rary...did you listen to the Goon Show?...it was just before my time but my brother loved it!

Comment

• Good Morning All Remember it all well! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X