Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine Problem Thread (Constructive comments only please)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    They have not been uploaded as attachments from a PC, instead they have been imported from an external source i.e photobucket.
    So we have established that external mapping to remote storage is intact, so that tends to point one in the direction of the photographs have been lost. However it is normal for a backup to be created on a regular basis so if they are AWOL then it should be a relatively easy job to reinstate the photos in a recreated folder, then the mapping should work unless it becomes permanently broken when a file is temporally lost due to a programming bug in the mapping subroutine or there was no backup or that was also wiped out when the manure hit the fan.

IF this thread is actually being reviewed & monitored by people at the pointy end looking into the problem then please let us know what you have found out so far?, Don't keep us in the dark or we may as well just abandon it, rather continue to use it for speculation.

Again I don't want to appear negative, but this is a forum where an exchange of information takes place to the benefit of all, currently there is no such exchange taking place directly with the people directly looking into this problem.

We are grapes not mushrooms and don't like being kept in the dark.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Cad- we are as frustrated as you are about lack of information , but things will be explained eventually.
      This thread is being monitored , so please keep comments positive and helpful .
      It does feel that the longer we wait, the lower the chances doesn't it?
      Pity if they are lost though cos there are so many historical threads which have been educational to us all which , at the moment, make no sense
      An update is always appreciated though!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
        by people at the pointy end .
        That'll be the people who post non-constructive comments on this thread!

Comment

• Cad has a good point in that some sort of comment from the techy guys would be good even if it's bad news.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Cad has a good point in that some sort of comment from the techy guys would be good even if it's bad news.
            Thanks BM the only non-constructive thing I can see is a one sided conversation which is worse than an Argument https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Really, Ive never reduced any photo before uploading them?? ...and I upload lots! Who has had to reduce them?
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]71427[/ATTACH]

I must admit, I love photos. I know this is a gardening forum but photos are the bees knees
              I've always had to resize my images. My photo uploads were rejected till I did. Max file size was, I think, 2mb per image, my camera's set to take hi-res files so each image is 4-5MB on average. My iphone photos are also about 3-4MB each and used to fail the forum's upload limits.

I now resize any photo to 200-300kb for uploading here as a matter of course. I haven't kept any of the resized files, so if the photos weren't held on a backup of the forum then they're lost for good as going back through umpteen photos to guess which one I posted originally would take days!

As I've said before, that's not necessarily a great loss for my photos, but it would be nice to know either way whether they are recoverable or not. And in general what's going on.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                I couldn't see this back through the thread, but when the Vine crashed did anyone lose PMs? I've lost at least one. I know 'cos I've just completely confused Cadders by asking him for something he'd already sent me. but it's nowhere to be found on my side.
                Just to clarify, this was an unread PM. But it vanished or didn't appear in my inbox and disappeared from Cadders' sent box.

Obviously I now know what it was, but the clarification is there in case it helps IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  That'll be the people who post non-constructive comments on this thread!
                  I didn't mean your stick VC, but well done I meant the IT Guys you know the ones ironically where the "I" stands for "Information"

I know I'm bad, no, No don't point that thing at me Arrrrrrrrrrr....
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• You're pushing your luck now, Cad

Bend over...................Click image for larger version

Name:	pointy stick.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	2371032

Now write the words "Constructive comments only" 100 times but don't sit down or it will hurt even more

Comment

• My 'like' button is lagging by about 5 minutes after a post appears. The lag has only just started appearing. Forum viewed via firefox since my windows10 laptop hates chrome. Screenshot below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Like button missing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2371033

Comment

• Not letting me post pictures from the "Lappy" now!

Let me try summat!

Name:	Happy-new-year2017-1.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	2371035

That seems to have posted ok but came from an external source

Name:	IMG_1736.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	2371036

Embarrassed by that one, but that's the loft window sill I am hoping to do a "Pilthy Special" on, yeah wants cleaning and sorting!

But if I try posting any pictures pre taken the day the ipad let me post (n now escapes me what day that was) won't allow me to upload! How very strange!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Oh! and it posted sideways!!!!!!!
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Its hard to be constructive (sorry VC) when you have no idea whats going on?

Is this revamp still ongoing or is it finished? Is it WYSIWYG time ? If so I would rather be told than left in limbo.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• We understand....but this thread it to let the team trying to sort out the problem to have an idea of what's going on/ went on.

We too are frustrated by not knowing what's going on apart from they are still working on it.
                              We have been told it wasn't part of the upgrade though.

Personally I'm not giving up on the piccies until we're told otherwise...but it's feeling less likely they will be recovered doesn't it.....they may well keep trying if we keep positive and keep them informed?...
                              Still....positive thoughts...we may yet be surprised.

Someone will eventually tell us of the final outcome.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• As I see it, there are 2 issues going on. One was the planned upgrade which ran into difficulties but was underway. On top of that, the Vine went down on the 21st Jan unexpectedly and when it came back the attachments had gone. I'm clueless about IT but I guess the programmers would have been tearing their hair out when that happened. Where to start - I dunno?
                                Anyway, its all ongoing but I have no idea what stage its at - we're as much in limbo as you are.
                                This thread is to pass on info to the IT team about problems that we are experiencing. That's all. No amount of moaning about missing pictures etc is going to bring them back any sooner. Sorry and all that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X