Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine Problem Thread (Constructive comments only please)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea what's happening Cad except IT are working on it. Even your post is gobbledygook to me!
    I'm sure that when they are in a position to tell us something they will.
    Meanwhile, I'll remove my signature since you're taking it seriously

Comment

• Cads

We share the frustration and can only repost what we are told. One of the issues of moving from one platform to another is the software architecture. It is far more productive use of time to start a migration using clean data and build from there rather that comsume resource trying to sort out something that has partially failed/broken. Although admin are responsible for painting the screens, data cleansing and migration the platform architecture rests with a third party.

The photos I uploaded have been resized by me to 2mb and worked fine

I hope this helps a little

Comment

• Just sn observation.
        Why are peeps getting so upset about posting pics.
        When I joined on here it was to compare our growing snd sowing ideas. The viewing of others pics to see how they did things was a bonus.
        Just saying.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I think some peeps enjoy having a record of their piccies all together.
          Also....
          Reading through some of the threads now make no sense when people are commenting on the piccies-so a wealth of into/shared knowledge is potentially lost.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks VC I do feel for you mods as you are placed in an invidious position as you can only relay what you are being told and if that isn't very much then there is nothing you can do about it. This thread was set up as a conduit to assist the IT Guys in identifying and hopefully solving the problems, but it should work both ways and hopefully some answers will start flowing back directly from them.

They need to help us help them move this forward, I've written and Alpha & Beta Tested programs all my working life, the offer is there if they need assistance in crash testing the new version, and I'm sure others would also assist if a request was forthcoming.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Just sn observation.
              Why are peeps getting so upset about posting pics.
              When I joined on here it was to compare our growing snd sowing ideas. The viewing of others pics to see how they did things was a bonus.
              Just saying.
              A picture is worth a 1000 words, and I had a Nokia 3310 with no graphics, internet connectivity and it was not SMART but technology moves on and loosing photographs is like going from a SMART phone back to a 3310.

There is also the issue re size, I have no problem reducing the every growing file size down to a reasonable level as it takes a huge amount of storage space to keep hi res photos off modern phones, but if we are not informed of a size limit then we don't know what we are aiming for.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                I've never had problems uploading photographs, but it appears that they have to be reduced in size to upload what exactly is the new criteria regarding the acceptable size of photo ?
                Really, Ive never reduced any photo before uploading them?? ...and I upload lots! Who has had to reduce them?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	2371006

I must admit, I love photos. I know this is a gardening forum but photos are the bees knees

Comment

• I use "Microsoft Picture Manager" to edit all of my photos & resize them to "Document Large - (1024 x 768px)".................I have no idea what that means only that it works for me.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• I just upload them straight from my phone or iPad with a small crop on the top and dude to ensure they aren't loaded in on their side. I don't resize them. I rarely use a camera for garden photos.

Comment

• Mine are all from my phone. It is only recently that I have "had" to resize them.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Just came across this in the Chilli growing guide:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	2371015

Comment

• I just wonder are we likely to get the old photographs back, or are they lost for good?
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Pleased to see that this thread still has all its old photographs!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ment_5573.html
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              I just wonder are we likely to get the old photographs back, or are they lost for good?
                              A not unreasonable question which has already been asked and not answered - 17 days in someone must know if they are absent without leave or it's a software mapping issue by now.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                Pleased to see that this thread still has all its old photographs!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ment_5573.html
                                They have not been uploaded as attachments from a PC, instead they have been imported from an external source i.e photobucket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X