Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine Problem Thread (Constructive comments only please)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access problems on here please!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1510948
    Last edited by Nicos; 03-02-2017, 04:36 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Not that is much comfort but it seems this isn't the only vbulletin4 forum to suffer missing attahments/images

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ly-not-showing
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• I couldn't see this back through the thread, but when the Vine crashed did anyone lose PMs? I've lost at least one. I know 'cos I've just completely confused Cadders by asking him for something he'd already sent me. but it's nowhere to be found on my side.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• No I've still got,all mine sparrow.
          sigpic

Comment

• I get this intermittently:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	2370987
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• My profile pic still wasn't showing on my posts so deleted it from my profile and started again. Now it won't save it. Any clues as to why?
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

• still got mine missM,also the green bottom bar has reapeared
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Miss MT - your profile pic on your profile has been there for ages! Its different to your Avatar which appears on your posts under your name (like my chicken). You need to upload that as a separate exercise.
                  Avatars and images in signatures cannot be edited at present. You'll have to be patient for a while longer!
                  Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Avatar, profile and signature pics have survived but, if you try to change them, you can't You'll lose what you have.
                  Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
                  My profile pic still wasn't showing on my posts so deleted it from my profile and started again. Now it won't save it. Any clues as to why?
                  Still the same situation as before MissMT!

Comment

• Right! Just for interest sake, just posted on general "Chit Chat" with a brand new photo taken, on ipad which as not been allowed for a while, then tried posting a photo from yesterday n wouldn't allow it!

All very strange!
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                      Right! Just for interest sake, just posted on general "Chit Chat" with a brand new photo taken, on ipad which as not been allowed for a while, then tried posting a photo from yesterday n wouldn't allow it!

All very strange!
                      You may have to reduce the size of the file Deano.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• But it posted on the other thread BM!

Gis a mo! Gunna try summat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3497.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2370995

Brand new photo just taken n it lets you upload!
                        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Yet try post one pre today n won't allow!

Obviously somebody is playing about in the background n trying to fix things!

Comment

• I've never had problems uploading photographs, but it appears that they have to be reduced in size to upload what exactly is the new criteria regarding the acceptable size of photo ?
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• My photos upload the same as usual. I download from my camera to laptop. No resizing required.

Comment

• VC I don't want to appear critical, especially as I've had my wrist slapped and I don't want the pointy stick or a ban, but some guidance or official feedback re these issues would be nice, we keep giving feedback but little coming back to us directly from the horses mouth so to speak.

Are the photographs actually lost or is it just the mapping that's broken and do the files still exist?

If they can't fix what we have, and having created this kind of application / an intranet using joomlar myself sometimes you have to bite the bullet and rebuild in a later version rather than repair and try an maintain on out of date and no longer supported versions.

I and other most defiantly have issues with photograph file size, so some formal guidance from the IT guys would be good.

Your footnote message has been there a long time, and no doubt it will happen someday, but is it still actually planned?
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X