Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon Missing out of action this morning - I had to use all my efforts to get to work - not due to the weather, this awful streaming cold! Made it but came home early again. Happy Friday anyway. Some snow early on but gone now You ok Nicos? You were missing too at the break of day.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• good afternoon, like everywhere else in the country its bitterly cold here when you get caught in the wind, so definitely not a day to go fly a kite, we are actually child free until 1715 today I am not sure thats been a good thing as OH has had time to think we (she) need new doors for the kitchen cabinets, and when we buy them we (me) could fit one or two more wall cabinets, then in a rash moment I suggested that we do away with the cooker and fit a worktop oven and a gas hob, so have now been out to have a look and when I was given the prices I thought the doors we have are fine but it seems we only make decisions together when I agree with her otherwise I do what she wants now going to look through the internet for doors, can anyone recommend places to purchase kitchen cabinet doors......cheap
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all. We had a dusting of snow first thing but it went fairly quickly. Glad its Friday but still got to get up early tomorrow to take OH into work.
        Might go garden centre shopping tomorrow. Never know what bargains you can find on a snowy Saturday
        Have a good evening everyone
        sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to be late on today but we had a huuuge storm yesterday and the internet was off for over 24 hours!
          Lots of trees down, lots of loverly flashes and bangs...even had to move the cars away from the old trees!

Managed to go out and do some food shopping today- but still have no voice at all!!!!! weird eh?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yo All!

So comes to an end another stressful week!

Still alive, so that's a blessing!

We have snow! n "Chuff Me" It's freezing!

Day off n a sleep in! Bonus!!!!!!!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Morning everyon, am I first up?

Well technically not actually up!

Dog needed to go out, ( husband has taken him). What a good person he is, then he'll be back to make my coffee!

Oh my goodness, it is SO cold!

Keep warm all. X
              DottyR

Comment

• Morning all, I'm up Dorothy!
                Could not tell you what it's like outside, I am lovely and warm and refuse to pull the curtains
                Two more days until we move out and let the plumbers do their magic. Found out yesterday that they have put 2 men on the job and will be finished on Wednesday. Let's hope so.
                Hubby's just off to the bakers. Boiled egg anyone?
                Will get my potatoes next week, cutting right down on the amount we did last year (it was excessive)
                Better get some egg boxes quick
                Have a lovely day folks
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning all Room Service prompt so enjoying a cup of tea. No frost. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Off to project home soon. Not a day to relish doing plumbing work in an unheated house.

Needs must though!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'all

Had a bad night's sleep....not coughing but something ENORMOUS has decided to live in our sealed off roofspace!( We sleep in an attic apex room)
                      It was clunking around and squeezing it's way exploring at sillyo'clock.fr......
                      Think We may need to pull part of the ceiling down to check it's not a stone Martin ( they eat timber in roofs)

Will give it a few more days...but the first sign of wood munching and I'll ( technically...HE) will be up there to take a look!

Flipping frozzing here too .....

Perhaps we may get some snowmen this weekend?

Have a good weekend peeps
                      Last edited by Nicos; 14-01-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Oooh, that sounds ominous Nicos - literally and figuratively! Hope it is something minor - a spider in skis or similar.

So grey and overcast here. I still have snow on the lawns but it rained a little overnight and the road and driveways in our little cul-de-sac are clear. Still don't much fancy going out. In a little while. I managed to tidy half of the garage and sort out my seeds and place an online order to fill the gaps.

I know when Eliot said "April is the cruelest month" he was not referring to the weather, but I have always thought that it is a sentiment much better suited to January. And not just for gardeners.
                        Have a good day all.

Comment

• Morning all. Really really cold here today but need to get cherubs out somewhere - just not sure where. Too cold for the beach which is saying something!

Planning on carrying on sorting out raspberries later.
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning, just my kind of morning, sunny and frosty but milder weather is on its way which always brings rain!
                            Off for some brekkie so see you later...have a lovely day everyone.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Happy Saturday!!

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              to check it's not a stone Martin ( they eat timber in roofs)
                              Am I the only one who thought of Martin H when they read this? Not that Martin is enormous and eats timber - but he is going on holidays soon so he could be in France!
                              Goggling recommends mothballs and a talk station on the radio to get rid of them but I'm sure you know that.

Anyway, back in sunshiny SW, the overnight ice has thawed - still no snow Too cold to do anything outside so I'll stay in and watch the puppies playing tug-of-war with a pair of socks. Funnier than the tele!
                              Stay warm and safe everyone whatever you're doing

Comment

• Just nipped out to get some potting compost for my window boxes.....hopefully I'll get those daff bulbs planted out in the next few days...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X