This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday afternoon to all!

It's been a busy week this week ~ my wonderful big son tied the knot with his beautiful fiancé on Friday: I now have a DIL!

When the snow started to fall thick and fast on the morning of the wedding, there were anxious moments ..... were all the guests ~ and indeed the bride and groom, going to make it with the appalling weather conditions, to the wedding venue .......

Thankfully, the snow stopped as quickly as it started and soon began to melt ~ we even had blue sky and sunshine in time for the outdoor photos (it was ruddy freeeeezing though - and it took several large brandies to thaw my numb fingers and toes out....!! )

A thoroughly amazing, emotional wonderful day. It was perfect!
    Attached Files
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Oh Susie!...what lovely piccies!
      I love the idea of releasing doves...and what a beautiful shade of purple for the bridesmaids!
      Ever so pretty dresses everyone looks stunning!...perfect!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gorgeous Susie, glad everything went well. I had a white wedding too...snow at the end of April! Wishing your son and daughter-in-law every happiness!
        sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,lovely pics Susie,so pleased the day went well ,we got wet stuff here,better than.........,have a good afternoon all,trots of to the rant thread
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Oh Susie, beautiful pics and such a handsome couple. Wishing them many happy years together.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely photos Susie, are you in the second one?
              Just been on the rant thread, so don't need to follow Dottie, she's already been.
              Ordered myself a new chair for the new look lounge. It's half the width of my armchair, but it's so comfortable, couldn't resist. Reclines and has a little footstool.
              It looks nothing like the sofa that it's going with either, but who cares eh?
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• How lovely Susie
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post

It's been a busy week this week ~ my wonderful big son tied the knot with his beautiful fiancé on Friday: I now have a DIL!
                  Lovely photos thanks Susie
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, Susie so glad your son had a good day, I hope you and your better half enjoyed it also, I wish your son and his new wife a long and happy marriage, I know I may give the impression I am long suffering (what husband isn't) but Iwouldent change her for the world (no, there are one or two points that she could sort but I'm not brave enough to tell her)
                    If they have as long and happy married life as I have had they will be very fortunate, God bless
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                      Lovely photos Susie, are you in the second one?
                      Yes, NS, I'm in the second photo ~ can you guess which one is me........?

Hope you have lots of R & R in your brand-spanking-new chair ....... doesn't matter one jot if it isn't a match for your other furniture !!!
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Good evening, Susie so glad your son had a good day, I hope you and your better half enjoyed it also, I wish your son and his new wife a long and happy marriage, I know I may give the impression I am long suffering (what husband isn't) but Iwouldent change her for the world (no, there are one or two points that she could sort but I'm not brave enough to tell her)
                        If they have as long and happy married life as I have had they will be very fortunate, God bless
                        Oh rary, you always make me smile ......

Thank you for all of the good wishes everyone - I shall pass them on to the Happy Couple!!
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                          Yes, NS, I'm in the second photo ~ can you guess which one is me........?

Hope you have lots of R & R in your brand-spanking-new chair ....... doesn't matter one jot if it isn't a match for your other furniture !!!
                          Well its not the one in white, so is it one of the girls in purple
                          and I wonder if you would have given NS that answer if she had said it was her OH who liked the chair
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Ha!
                            Hmmmm, you know us women-folk uncannily too well, Mr rary ..............!

And you were quite right ....... in the photo 'twas not I wearing white ........ or the long purple gown, 'though I'm flattered(?) you think I may look like a 22year old blonde bombshell...!!!!!!!

(I'm actually the rather older lady(!?) on the far right sporting a fascinator, wearing a demure knee-length, damson-coloured dress - and proudly even managed to keep my 'heels' on all day right through the evening, cutting-a-rug on the dance floor, 'til about 11.30 - paying the price now though ....... today my knee is painfully swollen and my back giving me some problems too!

Oh well, I enjoyed myself at the time - it was worth it...!!! )
                            Last edited by SusieG; 15-01-2017, 08:11 PM.
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• ive not really asked about the allotment. afraid to ask really incase we have give it up. we have moved out of town but will be able to get to the allotment.
                              Carrie

Comment

• I had a feeling that was you Susie, bet your feet were a tad cold girl.
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X