Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    It's horrible, honestly totally vile.

But how do you know you have tried the proper stuff? I have ordered it from Scotland on a few occasions and actually been sent hogs pudding which is disgusting. The real mealie pudding is hard to find which is why i make my own. I cant see what is not to like, Oats, Mmmmm,suet,Mmmmmmmmmmm, leeks or onions,Mmmmmmmm. You can even make it vegetarian if you use veggy suet. The key to the flavour is the Jamaican pepper. Are there no Scotts on here to back me up? Of course after eating it a good dose of toast and marmalade is essential.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

You see what I have to put up with! If only this was a one off! I dare you to ask him, which way up you should put a boiled egg into an egg cup?
      I and many others still think jam on toast for breakfast is perfectly acceptable

PyreneesPlot I'll send him over on the next flight. He is yours......... Good luck

Ps well come to the vine........ Dearest

Comment

So which way up do you put the egg in the cup Bob?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobh View Post
          Hi
          I'm small pumpkins better half
          Hi,

Are you after trouble by the way? First the jam/marmalade argument, then saying you are the better half. If you want an easy life you are just meant to agree and say yes dear but remember what she said cos the next thing you will have is 'are you listening?'

Jam is still fine for breakfast tho

Comment

What Bob needs is a few lessons with ............................SWMBO.

Her usual question is "Do you want to eat that or ..............................wear it?"
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Regarding the egg question, there is no doubt it should be pointed end down. In the case of boild eggs opening the pointed end would provide significantly poorer access for my little spoon.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                I dare you to ask him, which way up you should put a boiled egg into an egg cup?
                Ahh, now this is a proper technical question that can only be answered after clearly defining all the variables :

Spoon design
                Cup design
                Does the egg have a clearly defined taper
                Crack & peel or slice the top off
                With or without a salt pile on the plate
                Bread 'n butter or toast
                .. if Bread ' butter ..
                Dipping "soldiers" or not
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

With reference to my above post & going all Flo on you ...........

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Hello Bob and welcome to our Happy Band of Nutters
                    My answer to most difficult questions is - Do whatever you like as long as it makes you happy - and doesn't hurt anyone!

However, in this case, I'm coming off the fence.............Jam on toast and pointy end up 'cos the big ends fit more comfortably in the cups.

Thinking about this further, since eggs are stored pointy ends down, the yolk would probably be in the big end, therefore, a toast soldier inserted in the big end would access the yolk sooner than if it were pointy end up. Any leftover toast soldiers should be coated with JAM

Confused? Of course I am

Comment

Soft boiled eggs with the pointy end up. Cracked open from the side and the top scooped with a spoon. When finished turn over the shell and smash so witches can't use it as a boat

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        Ahh, now this is a proper technical question that can only be answered after clearly defining all the variables :

Spoon design
                        Cup design
                        Does the egg have a clearly defined taper
                        Crack & peel or slice the top off
                        With or without a salt pile on the plate
                        Bread 'n butter or toast
                        .. if Bread ' butter ..
                        Dipping "soldiers" or not
                        On your last point, it has to be toast for soldiers, bread untoasted couldn't do the job, rather like flaccid fiddly bits.

Comment

Oh where to start?
                          Right! Firstly I knew this forum was a bit nutty but I'm now quite alarmed to find out its populated with a bunch of jam for breakfast eating lunatics, I will be informing the internet police. (Still its probably safer for the rest of us that you're all in one place I suppose)
                          As to the egg question, pointy end up is obviously the only way to go, otherwise it would be upsidedown and that would be wrong.
                          And one other point
                          cold toast = chicken food, once cold you may as well eat stale bread 😁

Comment

Sorry boys and girls! I forgot to mention Bob is an arse

Eggs go pointy end down, everyone know that

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              Spoon design: Ordinary teaspoon is the correct implement.
                              Cup design: Select your eggcup carefully so that it supports your chosen egg gently but firmly.
                              Does the egg have a clearly defined taper: Examine the egg carefully and put it in the cup with the pointiest end downwards. If you put it the wrong way up you will find yourself digging through too much white before you expose the yolk.
                              Crack & peel or slice the top off: If you're a child, you may bash the top all over with the back of your spoon then peel off the resulting crazy paving until you have exposed enough of the egg to be able to slice a clean piece off. But if you're an adult, just slice the top straight off, shell and all, remove any loose bits of shell then get stuck in.
                              With or without a salt pile on the plate: You need a salt pile for when you run out of marmite soldiers but you still have boiled egg left to eat.
                              Bread 'n butter or toast: Toast. Let it cool a bit before buttering and it will remain firm enough to use as soldiers. I recommend marmite toast soldiers, but plain buttered toast soldiers are acceptable as long as you have a salt pile.
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

^^^^ and don't forget the ground white pepper!!

( and a knob of butter to mix into the hard yolk if you, like me , tend to overcook them! )
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X