Settle an argument

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    Anyone remember chitterlings (various other spellings) with vinegar, pepper and bread and butter.
    Gleurgh, yes. Did Not Like. Likewise sliced brawn. Yik.

I always blamed Dad's weird food tastes on being born before the War.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Don't think I've ever tried tripe. Brawn is ok. Other half makes his own occasionally. It's like our very own version of the Mafia, when we get home and find a pigs head on the door step (specially when he doesn't always tell me one has been ordered)

Comment

• I used to buy pigs heads for't Great Dane, he loved 'em................just saying....
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          Anyone remember chitterlings (various other spellings) with vinegar, pepper and bread and butter.
          Our local butcher sells them along with a whole counter full of weird looking items.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Along with a lot of other stuff my dad used try and make us eat. I did try them but found them utterly revolting, along with brawn and a few others. I do, however, like hearts, liver, tripe, kidneys and sweetbread. The biggest problem is getting hold of any. What do the abattoirs do with them as our local butchers seem to have problems getting hold of some types of offal.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• We know some organic farmers who really struggle to get pigs' liver. They are restricted as to which abattoir they can send their animals to maintain organic status and obviously don't want to travel too far with livestock. We're convinced the owner is doing trade in liver pate as they only get one back about 10% of the time with the remainder mysteriously going missing.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolkgrey
                A lot of it disappeared with the whole foot and mouth issue. It was and I assume a lot still is going into pet food. Tripe is meant to be dyed to make sure it doesn't go back into circulation for human consumption.
                I don't where that bit about tripe came from but there are still plenty of butchers selling it. If fact the is now a Tripe marketing board.
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I was once married to a farmer and we sent animals to the abattoir for slaughter as required by law. At first they were coming back minus any offal but included the head and tail and the main joints chopped in half.

I asked why I didn't get the offal (specifically heart, kidneys, liver and sweetbreads) and was told "well them's our perks". No they bl00dy ain't. I'm not sending my animals to slaughter to have to go to the butcher to buy the offal. And could you leave the joints whole as we sit down to 8-10 people on a Sunday and I can't feed them on half a joint. 2 joints stuck together doesn't work.

They weren't happy but they didn't do it again. They still kept sending me the head and tail. They surely must have got something for the pelt.
                  Last edited by JanieB; 02-10-2015, 02:42 PM.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X