Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are all wrong....bananas on toast for breakfast

Comment

Joined brekkie debate rather late, but for me marmite and cheese is king! Lightly grilled on thick sliced toast. Absolutely NO butter or 'pretend' butter, (hated the stuff since a very young child!!) has to be dry, unadulterated toast!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

OH has strawberry jam, by the way, hates marmite!
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Ummmmmm, banana & black treacle butties
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

well I'm glad everyone likes breakfast whatever they have - except maybe the disagreement!

Damson and blackcurrant are gorgeous, but the best jam of all is sunberry - any time, anywhere, anyplace...

Comment

My daughter when she was young insisted on burnt toast, and I mean black!! how wierd is that.

But all this jam for breakfast nonesense is just the influence of all the continental holidays where they chuck you a horrible croisant and a bit of jam and try to convince you its suitable. I think a proper full English brekky is just to much hard work and mess for most people. On the farm we used to work from 6:30 until 10 am and come in to the farm house starving, have a huge breakfast and endless rounds of toast and marmalade after.
              Yes proper toast and marmalade needs cold toast and real butter laid on with a trowel. I also think toast is a worthwhile taste, different from bread and it doesn't fall apart in your hands like fresh un toasted bread.

As for Scottish white pudding (mealie pudding) I am an expert. This is not to be confused with hogs pudding which is basicaly just a big pork sausage. Proper white pudding (as I make it) is mainly oat meal, beef suet, chopped leeks and most importantly jamaican pepper (all spice) Getting skins to pack it into is very messy so I roll mine in cling film, boil it for 30 mins then freeze it, it is then used as fried slices like black pudding. It transforms a cooked breafast. You only need a couple of 1/2 inch slices. In scotland the chip shops deep fry it and serve it with chips.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Best place for strawberry jam is on a crisp Yorkshire pudding as a sweet after a beef dinner.
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I'm liking the sound of the White puddin Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    I'm liking the sound of the White puddin Bill
                    It's horrible, honestly totally vile.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                      I like both. Currently on blackberry jelly. And because Mum's raised us with her odd Scandi ways, jam on cheese on toast is also marvellous.
                      Yes jam on cheese and it has to be blackcurrant jam, and (even though it goes against the grain), blackcurrent jam on toast, I dont like marmalade, and would only use it as a last resort, but it is good for catching wasps
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Toast with jam or toast with banana for breakfast...yum!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Hmm, sweet stuff is disgusting first thing in the morning.
                          This from the woman who likes sardines for breakfast!!! Yuk!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                            You lot are odd!
                            Marmalade goes on morning toast.
                            Jam goes on scones, croissants, afternoon toast, in tarts, steamed puds, bakewell pud, in sarnies ideally with peanut butter, in crepes, various cakes, yoghurt, rice pudding ... And in sausages, it would appear
                            Marmite goes on lunchtime toast. With cheese.
                            Hi
                            I'm small pumpkins better half just had to sign up to put a few people straight about this whole marmalade/jam thing!
                            PP above has hit the nail on the head, I couldn't have put it better myself.
                            It's not that I have anything against jam, its a perfectly acceptable method of preserving food BUT it should never be eaten or even seen at the breakfast table.

Comment

YEY!!!...here comes the trouble maker!!

(I'll forgive you if you think marmalade is on cold toast though! )
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Bobh View Post
                                Hi
                                I'm small pumpkins better half just had to sign up to put a few people straight about this whole marmalade/jam thing!
                                PP above has hit the nail on the head, I couldn't have put it better myself.
                                It's not that I have anything against jam, its a perfectly acceptable method of preserving food BUT it should never be eaten or even seen at the breakfast table.
                                Hello and welcome Bob (or is that Mr SP?). At last, the voice of sanity

Marmalade on hot toast and cold toast are two utterly different affairs, Nicos. One is homely and comforting and the second should be only taken following porridge or a mountain of fresh fruit, and then a full English breakfast.
                                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X