No announcement yet.

Settle an argument

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparrow, you beat me to it. Cheese and jam (I prefer black currant). I often have a cheese and black currant jam sandwich as a snack too. As for marmite bleuurgh.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

I think the previous posts prove conclusively that toast needs a coating of some kind & it is up to the individual to decidewhat it is. (see I can be "diplomatic" sometimes

And in answer to the original question ...... He's wrong
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
        jam on cheese on toast is also marvellous.
        Cheese & marmalade butties

Comment

I'm allergic to jam so it's plain old butter on a doorstep that cooled down for me.
          When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Jam every time for me, marmalade YUCK.
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Mr Pots has toast and jam for breakfast me I have oatmeal/yoghurt except at weekends when it a bacon sarnie.

I like my toast/jam as an afternoon snack if there's no scones left.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Unfortunately i have to disagree with the others, marmalade is the thing to have on toast, particularly after a proper English breakfast of bacon, egg, scottish white pudding (Which I have to make myself because it's unobtainable in Devon) and sausage. Jam is for later in the day , strawberry jam on a scone with clotted cream, or in tarts etc. The reason is its tartieness which balances the fat in the cooked breakfast.
                However the whole issue is debunked nowadays because few of us eat a cooked breakfast in which case I suppose jam is as good as anything.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

^^^ black pudding and strawberry jam sausages are rather nice tho Perfick Pork | Online butchers | Pork | Beef | Lamb | Fresh Meat Hampers – Product Categories – Sausages

Comment

Channelling my inner Hobbit, it's time for second (jammy) breakfasts...
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

You lot are odd!
                      Marmalade goes on morning toast.
                      Jam goes on scones, croissants, afternoon toast, in tarts, steamed puds, bakewell pud, in sarnies ideally with peanut butter, in crepes, various cakes, yoghurt, rice pudding ... And in sausages, it would appear
                      Marmite goes on lunchtime toast. With cheese.
                      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jam is just non-orange marmalde.

Comment

I could never understand why anyone would want to eat burnt or scorched bread in the first place irrespective of what spread is on it.

Comment

I love jam or marmite on toast for breakfast...but marmlade...urrrrgh!!
                            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor View Post
                              I could never understand why anyone would want to eat burnt or scorched bread in the first place irrespective of what spread is on it.
                              I THINK it harks back to the days of loaves before preservatives & was an easy way to use recently stale bread, but that could just be my memory of things I've been told playing tricks on me

Comment

I agree, a way to use stale bread up, waste not want not.
                                Abroad they tend to oven bake it til really crisp, rather than toast it - it keeps forever then......but you have to soak it in water or oil before you can eat it.

Personally, I'd rather eat toast

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X