Settle an argument

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jam on toast or croissants mmmm.....
    I always take jam back to the UK for my kids to put on their morning toast!

I do enjoy marmalade from time to time but always pick out any rind.
    Best on cold crispy toast with a decent spread of butter.

Jam 99% of the time for me too!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love marmalade on toast for "breakfast dessert". Nicos is right that the best way to enjoy it is to let the toast cool down before spreading a healthy layer of butter then the marmalade. If the butter melts and soaks into the toast then it spoils the whole texture. But, picking out the rind??? Why???!!!!! It's the best bit!

For "main breakfast" I'll usually fry something up. Or do scrambled eggs on marmite toast, yum!
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

SP - remind him that when you stay in a hotel in this country, as part of breakfast there'll be toast with both marmalade and jam available. Which suggests that both are perfectly normal.
        My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

I seem to remember I once tried marmite never ever again.

As to what goes on toast for breakfast a nice poached egg with a dash of HP sauce or if you haven't got toast poached eggs on smoked haddock minus the HP.

As an aside the HP sauce recipe comes form where I was born New Basford Nottingham, that's why its sooooo good.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamD View Post
            SP - remind him that when you stay in a hotel in this country, as part of breakfast there'll be toast with both marmalade and jam available. Which suggests that both are perfectly normal.
            Thought you was gonna say "Cos that's where he'll end up if he doesn't pack it in"................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
              If the butter melts and soaks into the toast then it spoils the whole texture. But, picking out the rind??? Why???!!!!! It's the best bit!
              No, no, no - butter soaked toast is perfection. Made better with chunky marmalade
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                No, no, no - butter soaked toast is perfection. Made better with chunky marmalade
                I'm sorry, but Science agrees with me. The perfect way to eat marmalade discovered by scientists | Metro News
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

^^^ cold toast!!!...yey!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                    But, picking out the rind??? Why???!!!!! It's the best bit!
                    I'll send them on to you then???

Comment

Hmm, sweet stuff is disgusting first thing in the morning.

Comment

Hmm, sweet stuff is disgusting first thing in the morning
                        Can't agree with that - if I have porridge it has to have sugar in it, and yoghurt has to have honey .....

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Jam everytime................Marmalade.....Bleugh!
                          This = win
                          Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Wow!! Thanks everyone, I think my point has been proved
                            Personally I'm a marmite on toast girl. A full English every now and again ( very good when you have a hangover). Very occasionally jam ( must be strawberry) on toast. Sometimes porridge with sugar. NEVER EVER marmalade! Disgusting stuff.

Comment

I have museli usually but more likely to have jam on my toast if I have that than marmalade but that's more due to the fact I make preserves with what I grow so lots if strawberry, raspberry, blackberry etc and very little lemon and no orange .

Oh and fresh bread makes nicer toast anyway although it's also good for stuff that's too far gone for butties. Nice and hot with a very thin layer of butter (so it doesn't squidge into you gums, all greasy, yuk) then a good dollop of jam, lovely. OH thinks jam and cheese together is nice, he's wrong.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Toast, toast, toast.....doesn't anyone have jam on fried bread any more?

And I understood that marmalade was Portuguese for "quince jam", from "marmelo" = quince. So even if you're having marmalade, you're having jam
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X