No announcement yet.

A Story and a Thank you!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again all you Lovely People - I'll have to sort it now or you'll be nagging me at the end of the year

Comment

If you need a hand tackling brambles I'm sure I can spare a couple of an evening after flower show!

I have to admit gardening is my therapy too.

Comment

No turning back now VC there will be to many of us watching ready to if we see any signs of faltering.

I would wish you good luck but I am pretty sure you won't need it. not with all the nagging you are likely to get.

All we have to do now is remember to bump this thread at least once a week to question the progress.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Good luck VC, I hope you get your view back as I'm also looking forward to seeing it. It'll join all the other wonderful views you already have.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You can all be my conscience Feel free to nag me - I may listen

Comment

Go for it VC!

Must be the time for it no matter where you are. I'm taking photos of the beginnings of the fruit forest, and planning to have that and the farm in better shape soon. A mostly organic better shape, so can be hard in this community.

I feel like I've been here forever and got very little done, with work and the kids. Now is time to get on top of it all. And enjoy doing it.

So a little competition? Not how much we get done, but what we get done? And how it makes us feel?

Probably a whole new grape thread there.

Living the Future?
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

How about a slighty different thread? We have a 'what have you done today' thread why not just add .................VC to the end of that.

Potty
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure with your positive approach to life you'll make a great success of this project - mind and take care of your back - as for nagging happy to join all your friends on here and give you lots of written verbals
                  Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                    How about a slighty different thread? We have a 'what have you done today' thread why not just add .................VC to the end of that.

Potty
                    Some days - you just wouldn't want to know

Feral, I've been here for 30 years and the garden has been enlarged 3 times. Nothing like your space of course, but the 3 bits of garden have just been tacked on and never looked at as a whole, so I want to do that. Move things around, get rid of stuff, make it work for me.
                    It was only yesterday that I realised that I no longer need a fenced off chicken run - so took down the fence and gained a piece of ground about 10' x 40' where I've just planted 3 fruit trees.
                    I'm trying to look at it with a different pair of eyes - you can become so familiar with things that you just accept them and never question why.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      ........... I may listen
                      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!
                      Last edited by julesapple; 28-03-2013, 11:05 PM.
                      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Did you say something Jules?

Comment

Have a lot of space here VC, but there's too much. Too hard to tackle. There's weeds. Too many. There's chemicals......don't want to go there, but the alternatives can be expensive and time consuming.

Really need a plan. Not what to do. But what we need to happen. Then prioritise.
                          No good just having a good garden if the farm isn't good.

You're probably right about another thread Pots. But like VC there are plenty days when it's What I didn't get done today, that needs a thread.
                          Maybe I could just meniton on the What I did today thread, when I've got something happening and blogged about it.

It is lovely to sit down and write what's happened, and show some pics. But it takes forever to load photos on my broadband connection. So that might be the way to go. Sorry for derailing your thread VC!
                          Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

You're not derailing it Feral - we're both in the same boat - but your's is much larger than mine . I've put my blog back up and I'll try to post some stuff on it again. Maybe that way I can see some progress

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                              Really need a plan. Not what to do. But what we need to happen. Then prioritise.
                              It is lovely to sit down and write what's happened, and show some pics. But it takes forever to load photos on my broadband connection. So that might be the way to go.
                              A Plan - yes, Feral.

Let us help () by sticking in our two penn'th worth and start a thread for your space. Limit yourself to one pic per post to save on the broadband. Oh - and set your cameral to a lower file size so it doesn't take a week to load.

Comment

Cool, because I just realised I haven't looked at your blog in a while (having to use daughters netbook without all my bookmarks is really handicapping me!) and thought I should hop over and see what's been happening. Hope you've got a rss feed button or something?

One of those buttons you push and it tells readers when there's a new post. I got chipped by one of my readers for not having one, as it means they either miss stuff, or have to keep going to check if you've had an epiphany so they don't miss out!

Hope everyone is putting their blogs in their sig's because I really want to go blog hunting this winter. I've read all the good books at the library, so blog on!
                                Ali

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X