A Story and a Thank you!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    In the middle of the lawn as shown in the piccies You always head down to the rough bit beyond
    Yes but I've never seen the pre-picture bit in the lawn area I've seen the clematis that fell over, but haven't noticed owt else around there!

Comment

• Just re-looked. I see the clematis now, ok I let you off. I must have seen it

Comment

• What happened to the nagging? Just as well I've been getting on with it without you
        Some photos of things growing in areas that were completely overgrown a few months ago:-

It may not look much but I'm really pleased with how its coming along. Still a long way to go though!!
        Attached Files

Comment

• VC - You are doing a great job without nagging
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Now some photos of work in progress

This is today's project - the random bed!! I've let the branches dictate the shape of each little planting space and the spaces will be filled with either flowers, herbs and veggies -depending on what packet comes to hand first
            Attached Files

Comment

• well done you,i am put to shame,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• VC - The result of careful planning then?
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Lottie -you're always on the go at your allotment - as for me, I just muddle my way through (the undergrowth!).
                  Shen, playing with the branches was like joining up the dots! Good fun
                  I've been using branches to outline bits of ground that I've sown or planted in - just to remind me there's something meaningful there This time, I've done it in reverse - made the shape and will sow into it

Comment

• No netting? Don't your brassicas look over their shoulders in fear of pigeons/cabbage whites/wabbits?

edit: no, prob not, if they are kale as I'm guessing they are.
                    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 24-07-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• not the last 2 days,we on the go at home,we building a new shed out the back,it will house the freezer,saved spuds ext,as well as a potting bench and storage,plus room for the big propergator,it will be all things garden related,the floor frame is done,the rest is in thought,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        No netting? Don't your brassicas look over their shoulders in fear of pigeons/cabbage whites/wabbits?
                        Hazel - should that not have been wigeons/c whites and wabbits

Ducks for cover
                        Attached Files

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• No netting - they have to live rough here (and I haven't bought any yet )
                          There's kale (multiple sorts), sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, chard......The most nibbled ones are in one of the pallet beds under wire netting
                          Wabbits are my dread as they live in the garden - maybe they're not impressed by all the kale
                          Lottie - your new shed sounds good Will there be a photo when its completed?

Comment

• VC - I received 12 kale plants from one of my fellow plot holders and put in 2 lots of 3 in my own plot, 1 lot in my daughter's and gave 1 lot to my neighbour.

My neighbours and mine fell prey to the rabbits and were totally destroyed but I those in my daughter's plot which had been planted behind some French Marigolds have never been touched and are growing on nicely.

Next year I will be planting a lot of French Marigolds
                            Last edited by Sheneval; 24-07-2013, 05:29 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X