A Story and a Thank you!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Fingers crossed for our long awaited summer of good weather so you can crack on!

Good on ya girl...but don't overdo things eh??

Are you making a work plan or just getting on with what you feel like doing on the day?
    Yes, you! No going silly. People laugh when told "one square metre at a time" but it is good advice. Have to say though, if you are going for brambles, it has to be 12 months of bash, bash, bash with the strimmer IMO. That can be really theraputic! My friend, who's husband died last autumn does almost nothing else!
    Last edited by marchogaeth; 29-03-2013, 09:52 AM.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Did you say something Jules?
      Not as such, no. "Listen".......hahahahahahaa.

And I wasn't being a 'oribble little 'erbert either. Your determination just shines through, so we all know you'll go through with this project - especially now you know it's the right time. And Mr VC will be there at your shoulder, egging you on....if you turn around fast enough.......nah, see? You got to be quicker'n that. You didn't see him that time - but I bet you can sense him.

Spade party sounds good........
      Last edited by julesapple; 29-03-2013, 09:53 AM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Yes, I heartily recommend Mr VVG's most excellent coffee.

Well done on tackling your garden VC; one day when we pull our finger out and the weather does the same, we'll be over to have a look.
        He comes with a big choppa now.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

A few photos of the worst parts of the garden. First part of the plan is to cut back the brambles and dig out what I can.

The first photo is the one with the view but its not bright enough today to see much. There's a paved area in there somewhere.
          Attached Files

Comment

May it be cathartic and all the best hun
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Now for some good news - the areas I've cleared recently - all were overgrown beforehand.
              Attached Files

Comment

You may need a big choppa to tackle that lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                  You may need a big choppa to tackle that lot!
                  We az got wun
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Now for some good news - the areas I've cleared recently - all were overgrown beforehand.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]34710[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]34711[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]34712[/ATTACH]
                    Is that wall sarf facing?

Comment

Well done VC - it's going to be a bit of a long term project isn't it! Best thing is to do what you're doing now - clearing one patch at a time. Can you remember (or have any photos) what the garden looked like before nature took it over? If so keep focussed on what it WILL look like again in the not too distant future, that should keep you going.

We all get a bit disheartened at times, I haven't felt like going up to the lottie because of this awful weather. Now you have inspired me to get working up there again!

If we ever have good weather, you'll have to arrange a Grapes Gardening Party one day or evening, I'm sure loads of us would be willing to help.

Good luck anyway and keep those photos coming!
                      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Yep - its where I planted the peach but the GH is just to the right of the photo

Comment

After reading your post this morning i was inspired to get off my backside. I really don't like this cold but I've just come in for a warm up after nearly 3 hours of clearing up my garden and i feel great. Thanks VC for the kick start!

Comment

Just been reading,thank you for sharing with us,so pleased that we were all able to hold your hand and guide you towards the light again,the best of luck with your set tasks,you is going to need it,we all sit behind our putors but cannot see,or imagine what a person is really going through,your very brave tackling it,all credit to you,)
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

VC - Great pics - If you find Dr Livingstone in there tell him Stanley said hello
                              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Good luck with your project. I envy you the large space you have and will be watching with interest to see what you plant.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X