Searching

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    However, it's my time and as obviously cheap as chips, not worth bothering about - hey ho.
    Why on earth would you say that?

It (my op) could also be viewed in totally the opposite way to which you have taken it - it could be taken that I am saying 'isn't it good that it doesn't happen here, often'.

But you have gone so you can't see my view.
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

So does anybody know how to refine a search? Even the advanced search gave me 17 pages of threads.

Why can't the search application just search thread titles instead of all posts which have one word of your search in?

Comment

Good point Donnak - although I may be guilty of helping that to not work as well as it could because I don't always use clear concise titles, I shall ensure I do in future to help the Search function work better.
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
          So does anybody know how to refine a search? Even the advanced search gave me 17 pages of threads.

Why can't the search application just search thread titles instead of all posts which have one word of your search in?
          The Advanced search does give you the option of searching titles only. Its in the Dropdown box alongside "Keywords".

Comment

Thanks VC got it down to 2 and a bit pages.

But IMHO that option should be in Search Type.

20 minutes later and only 3 threads were vaguely relevant in that I didn't find out what I wanted to know.

Tried an advanced search in vegging out forum and I was back to 13 pages again.

This is why we get threads posted about stuff that's been asked before.

As far as I'm concerned long may that continue.
            Last edited by donnakebab; 21-06-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

This is why we get threads posted about stuff that's been asked before.

As far as I'm concerned long may that continue.
              I agree - to me it keeps things live, makes 'us' more human, rather than a Search Engine.
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                Anyone fancy a fruit pastille?
                I challenge you to a suck-off.

No, wait....
                Last edited by HeyWayne; 21-06-2012, 08:15 AM.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I'm so intrigued as to what you edited hehehehe
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

I've just caught up with this thread and all I'll say is that I'll carry on posting 'vine links' in reply to questions if its going to help someone out.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      Why on earth would you say that?

It (my op) could also be viewed in totally the opposite way to which you have taken it - it could be taken that I am saying 'isn't it good that it doesn't happen here, often'.

But you have gone so you can't see my view.
                      You said 'When a question is asked in here (usually on Veg actually, but you get my drift) we see responses such as 'this have been covered many times' and 'use the search function'.

I am trying to determine when ^ has actually happened.

Well, I was - but I'm not going to be wasting any more on it as evidently you didn't mean that at all. You meant something entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        ....I'll carry on posting 'vine links' in reply to questions if its going to help someone out.
                        Quite right - me too.

Posting links is very different to saying go find it, posting links is very helpful as it takes the person asking the question direct to a good source rather than having to search through pages and pages of stuff that may not be relevant at all.
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

You said 'When a question is asked in here (usually on Veg actually, but you get my drift) we see responses such as 'this have been covered many times' and 'use the search function'.

Well, I was - but I'm not going to be wasting any more on it as evidently you didn't mean that at all. You meant something entirely different.
                          My error was to not put the word 'sometimes' in between 'we' and 'see'

I have apologised to you both publicly and in PM.

Anyway, I thought you'd gone
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

For example I've just typed in the search 'care of chillie plants' and was given 16 pages of threads including the minor rant thread and chatback.

Then I searched 'caring for chillie plants' and got 17 pages of threads.

'chillie plants' got 16 pages again.

So how do you refine your search?
                            Yes please - me too
                            A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Originally posted by dominic10 View Post
                              Yes please - me too
                              Go to the most likely forum to have the answer to your question. On the right hand side near the top (it's not very bold) click on search forum. To the right of the box that appears click Advanced Search. In the keyword(s) section you can search every post of just the titles.

Good luck.

But I still want to know the best way to look after my chillie plants.

Comment

Let me google that for you
                                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X