Searching

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    I'll never forget the night some of us learned to multiquote on the chat thread! Deleted long ago -but that evening we rocked!
    I remember it well Jeanie, it became a chat plait. Happy Days and long may they continue
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Before we rip the search button to shreds, should we work out if there is a problem with telling new users to 'use the search button' first?

The only posts I can see that say mention the search button are when a newbie introduces themselves and the search button is mentioned in passing as a way of finding out information.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber-Uncool View Post
        I concur with the opening post and have thought the same myself. Well said.
        It's great that you have noticed this - could you direct us to where it has been happening please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          But the answer on your chocolate spot thread was not 'use the search button'. It was links to threads that could answer your question.

And you definitely said it was about this forum.

What I'm confused about is why bring to everyone's attention that people are perceived rude on here and start a discussion about something when it is not actually happening all that often? If at all.
          I did not say my chocolate spot thread was the reason for my post - it was not.
          I did not say that 'use the search button' was mentioned on that thread - it was not.

This is nothing whatsoever to do with the darn chocolate spot thread.

I did not, for one moment, say people are perceived as being rude on here, as they are not!!

You appear to be the only person on this thread who has misunderstood what I mean - however, I will not get into a spat over it with you - because I know I cannot win and you have the 'power' to stop this thread if you so feel the need.

It was posted in genuine good humour more about life and how people are - or can be - on forums and how it would transfer to life.
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

I remember round about when I first dared to post that TS used to be teased for advertising "the excellent search button", but I thought it hardly ever happened now. Get a duster Pisk quick, he'll be back soon.

Comment

But the answer on your chocolate spot thread was not 'use the search button'. It was links to threads that could answer your question.

And you definitely said it was about this forum.

What I'm confused about is why bring to everyone's attention that people are perceived rude on here and start a discussion about something when it is not actually happening all that often? If at all.

Zaz Piskie didn't say rude. You are just misinterpreting her words.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post

It was posted in genuine good humour more about life and how people are - or can be - on forums and how it would transfer to life.
                I don't think starting a spat about meanness on Vegging Out is 'good humour'. Personally. Just saying.
                Last edited by zazen999; 21-06-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  ... Get a duster Pisk quick, he'll be back soon.
                  On it....
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
                    Zaz Piskie didn't say rude. You are just misinterpreting her words.
                    No she said 'mean'. I'll amend my previous post.

Comment

I don't think starting a spat about meanness on Vegging Out is 'good humour'. Personally. Just saying.
                      She didn't. You did.

Comment

Anyone fancy a fruit pastille?
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

No she said 'mean'. I'll amend my previous post.
                          Referring to my 'old boys at the plot' scenario not you lot - and you know that! Or rather, everyone else appears to know that.

I am unsure why you have taken so against my thought-dumping - but as I have clearly offended you, I apologise - but I only apologise to you Zaz because no one else appears to be offended or confused by what is just thoughts.
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Ham and eggs on offer?
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Ooh yes please Jeanie, can I have a red one?

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                                Referring to my 'old boys at the plot' scenario not you lot - and you know that! Or rather, everyone else appears to know that.

I am unsure why you have taken so against my thought-dumping - but as I have clearly offended you, I apologise - but I only apologise to you Zaz because no one else appears to be offended or confused by what is just thoughts.
                                Well, when someone accuses pretty much 'the forum' which includes people that give of their free time week in, week out - of telling people in no uncertain terms 'bugger off' as you put it - and I try and work out where it has happened so that we can look into it, and it appears it isn't actually happening at all; then I have then wasted more spare time trying to work out [and yes, searching for all sorts of strings like 'use the search button', 'search button' and finding no instances] - and then realising that you weren't actually talking about us, about the Vegging Out forum but were just 'mind dumping' and talking about other forums and life in general - it has wasted people's time on looking into a matter that didn't actually seem to exist.

However, it's my time and as obviously cheap as chips, not worth bothering about - hey ho.

I'll bow out and leave you to wax lyrical about unicorns and other such mythical creatures.
                                Last edited by zazen999; 21-06-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X