Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you/could you give up your television?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi J - I only watch the cooking and gardening programmes and OH watches golf - apart from that it's rubbish! DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
      Johnty you will be getting the pea stick if you aren't bloody careful !!! Cheeky bugger!!

You can go on about politics here in General Chitchat but not on a parsnip thread!!!
      LJ

Parsnips are political - see http://betterpoliticsthroughfood.blo...beans-and.html

Isn't the www just full of so much ******** **** (did I spell that right?)
      The law will hang the man or woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      But lets the greater thief go loose
      Who steals the common from the goose
      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
        It's an American blog! What can you expect??

You didn't spell it right!!
        So I can't have a bit of fun at the expense of the Irish, but American bashing is fine?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
          So I can't have a bit of fun at the expense of the Irish, but American bashing is fine?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
          Of course American bashing is fine - it's what they are for isn't it?

Ow!!!! Yikes!!! Peastick!!!
          Last edited by madderbat; 10-03-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
            Of course American bashing is fine - it's what they are for isn't it?

Ow!!!! Yikes!!! Peastick!!!
            I've heard the Republicans might have a mormon candidate for president I thorought they had a moron as president allready.
            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
            Brian Clough

Comment

So glad am without TV - spared the horror of BB (whatever that is). Visited friends who had I'm a celeb.... yuck!
              My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
              Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by multiveg View Post
                So glad am without TV - spared the horror of BB (whatever that is). Visited friends who had I'm a celeb.... yuck!
                Yes but....

...there is so much about TV that is so, so very good, uplifting, inspirational, educational, hilarious...

Why focus on the s**t?

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                  ....there is so much about TV that is so, so very good, uplifting, inspirational, educational, hilarious...
                  Yes, there is, and I would not like to be without certain progs. And each to their tastes - whether it is Life on Earth, Gardeners World, Top Gear, Eastenders, Only Fools and Horses...there are some progs which are 'essential viewing' depending on your view.

I propose that there could be a system whereby you have plug in the (say) videoplus no. in order to turn your tv on, and when the prog is over, the tv turns off.

So when you want to watch another, you put the no. in, etc etc. That would prevent 'auto-tv' whereby you unlock the door, walk in the house, enter the lounge, turn on the tv, go into the kitchen...whatever.

In fact the more I think about it, that's a really good idea...!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    ... when the prog is over, the tv turns off.
                    We have one of those Hazel, it's called the on/off switch

Seriously though, I only put the tv on when I want to watch something. BW turns it on when he gets up and forgets it's on.....
                    Last edited by madderbat; 11-03-2007, 09:46 AM. Reason: capitals

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                      .... BW turns it on when he gets up and forgets it's on.....
                      You see, with my system, if BW forgets the tv is on, voila - it turns itself off, and you also save on the leccy!

Comment

we dont watch any tv as we dont have one, do download tv programs from the intermaweb tho, lost, gardening stuff and anything HFW. we are radio addicts tho, not sure i could cope without zane lowe in the evening. and i still dont have time to do everything. i read that the average person watches 3 hours of telly a day, thats 21 hours a week, if anyone wants to give up telly for a week ive loads of stuff i could use a hand with!
                        Yo an' Bob
                        Walk lightly on the earth
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can
                        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X