Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you/could you give up your television?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been tele-less for 5 years. I don't miss it (well, would have loved to have seen Supersprouts plot whenever that was). I can't live without radio - The Archers! GQT! Bring back DeadRingers to the radio!
    My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
    Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
      Johnty, men CAN'T multi task!!
      Multitasking - the ability to do a lot all of the time, as perfected by women.

Focussing - the ability to do very little all of the time, as perfected by men.
      Last edited by Lesley Jay; 08-03-2007, 10:06 PM.
      The law will hang the man or woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      But lets the greater thief go loose
      Who steals the common from the goose
      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by multiveg View Post
        Have been tele-less for 5 years. I don't miss it (well, would have loved to have seen Supersprouts plot whenever that was). I can't live without radio - The Archers! GQT! Bring back DeadRingers to the radio!
        TV flew outta the window when the jukebox arrived. And Shirls is lying when she says the kids play their consoles for an hour or so. They must be welded to their consoles from what I have witnessed.

Ref the multitasking, I have difficulty remembering to breath and move at the same time. It's a man thing. So LJ, I couldn't agree more.

BTW, what happened to the series on a Sunday morning following peoples allotments? I think it featured lotties in Wales and North London. Or have I been away toooo long?
        Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
        Cut your engines, cool your wings,
        You've taken me home...

Comment

LJ

This is really bringing the peastick side of your nature out. I like it.

BTW the QUOTE link on your previous posting didn't work. Shake a stick at it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
            LJ

This is really bringing the peastick side of your nature out. I like it.

BTW the QUOTE link on your previous posting didn't work. Shake a stick at it.
            Stop giving her stick. She'll get pead off.

I used to watch that series incidentally. Shirls thought it was a bit ropey though.

You've taken me home...

Comment

Whats a TV?????
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Whats a TV?????
                Loaded question that Snadger...

Sorry - that was rude.

You've taken me home...

Comment

When I'm home alown I have my CDs on Blackmores night or ?? go on then I'll admit it Dolly parton, Kenny and tammy yea I'm a country boy
                  if the Tv is on its gardening programs but id rather have CDs on or Radio 2
                  Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                  Dobby

Comment

I could live without my telly but I'd rather not. Don't watch it all the time or every day even, however there are a few programs I do like to watch...and I often do some cross stitch, jewellery making etc whilst I'm watching things so it's not all wasteful!
                    Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

I haven't had a TV for 3 years now...I can't afford the license fee. HOWEVER, I do go round my mum's if there's any gardening on. Or Celebrity Big Brother (I know it's trash, but in the middle of a wet winter, a bit of trash is OK!)
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I love tv, i love Dolly and i love Shakira

Did i really say that out loud oooops

I really need to get a life lol

Lynn

Comment

Whilst on holiday in Shropshire, didn't miss sky tv, nor the t'internet (sorry guys!) and watched normal TV channels. Think OH did miss the sky and the t'internet - but actually, I could well live without TV - especially now the dark, horrible winter is (hopefully) over. DDL
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Don't need a telly, have a 20 rod/pole allotment which changes channels for me every day. Every day a different picture!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh no I feel ashamed we have seven TVs in our house no actually 9 with the hand held ones, but we do watch lots of educational documentaries.
                              Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                                Whilst on holiday in Shropshire, didn't miss sky tv, nor the t'internet (sorry guys!) and watched normal TV channels. Think OH did miss the sky and the t'internet - but actually, I could well live without TV - especially now the dark, horrible winter is (hopefully) over. DDL
                                Don't get me going on SkyTV - Murdoch, News International, freedom of speech, Fox News - LJ will find it all too political and the stick will be wielded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X