No announcement yet.

crazy lazy things to buy in shops...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would imagine that frozen and prepared veg are a godsend for people that are disabled/arthritic etc who still value a degree of independance

Comment

Originally posted by vikkib View Post
      I wonder what the collective noun for a group of ranters is...
      I think its a NUT of Ranters
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Bread-making machines. It's much more fun to make bread the old-fashioned way.
        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

i admit to buying frozen ice cubes quite regularly too

i've also bought chopped onions but that was for camping, they were only about 30p a bag and made it so much easier

*hangs my head in shame*

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
            Bread-making machines. It's much more fun to make bread the old-fashioned way.
            Only if you have the time, its a bit different from chopping your own veg, you may as well add buying mince, sausages etc

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
              Only if you have the time, its a bit different from chopping your own veg, you may as well add buying mince, sausages etc
              As my old Dad always said, making bread takes a long time from start to finish, but it doesn't take much of your time, because most of the time is taken up with the two risings and the baking. My Dad made excellent bread, and so, I like to think, do I.
              Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                I always look at bags of ice cube's and shake my head and wonder....jacob
                My sister - NOT a lazy cook I hasten to add - buys ice cubes. I ask her why and always get some sort of waffly answer that includes not having time!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

To be honest, if it wasn't for the automatic ice maker in our fridge/freezer, I would probably buy ice cubes too - I can never get the ruddy things out of those little trays
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Have you tried ice-cube bags Shirley? I use those then I can put them in any bit of space in the freezer - I don't have to make sure the ice cube box is lying flat! I've had puddles of ice on the floor of the freezing compartment before now!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

by the time you've paid for bags and water (i'm on a water meter) it's almost as cheap to buy a huge bag of ice for a £1

Comment

I have done Flum. Fortunately, my 'new' fridge freezer has an auto icemaker so that is just brilliant - always ice without me having to check if anyone has used it all Also lovely cold filtered water on tap
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
                          As my old Dad always said, making bread takes a long time from start to finish, but it doesn't take much of your time, because most of the time is taken up with the two risings and the baking. My Dad made excellent bread, and so, I like to think, do I.
                          Sorry still not convinced, I have done it both ways and give me my trusty bread machine every time, plus if I wanted freshly baked bread when I wake up which I usually do, the bread machine is the only way to go, unless I can convince OH to get up at 02.00

Comment

Love My Breadmaker!

Originally posted by TEB View Post
                            Sorry still not convinced, I have done it both ways and give me my trusty bread machine every time, plus if I wanted freshly baked bread when I wake up which I usually do, the bread machine is the only way to go, unless I can convince OH to get up at 02.00
                            I love my breadmaker....lovely to be woken up by the smell of fresh bread.

Although (and this is probably the laziest 'cooking' I do) Aldi sell rolls in a tube. It's ready to bake dough, not part-baked bread, and it's lovely. We usually have these rolls with homemade soups. Pilsbury used to make then years ago but I hadn't seen them for years before coming across the tubes in Aldi's.

Jules
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                              I love my breadmaker....lovely to be woken up by the smell of fresh bread.

Although (and this is probably the laziest 'cooking' I do) Aldi sell rolls in a tube. It's ready to bake dough, not part-baked bread, and it's lovely. We usually have these rolls with homemade soups. Pilsbury used to make then years ago but I hadn't seen them for years before coming across the tubes in Aldi's.

Jules
                              The croissants are good too
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

the one that makes me mutter (in a mad old woman style) is pots of ready made jelly....why???
                                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X