crazy lazy things to buy in shops...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
    Shirl my nan has really bad arthritis in her hands and she got this catalogue with loads of stuff to help her. I wish I could remember what it was called, but we got her some and it made her a bit more independant again.
    One of them was for jars and lids and tins, one of them was for picking things up off the floor, one of them was for threading needles...

Might be worth a look or have you tried them?
    Not gone down that road yet. I have another appointment with the rheumatologist next week so might get suggestions from them along with a diagnosis (fingers crossed).
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Prepped fruit in a packet - especially if it's just apple chunks. Pineapple, I can *just* about forgive. WWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY??? Is it really so hard to pick up an apple and bite into it?

*shakes fists at the sky*
      Last edited by WeeGarden; 09-06-2009, 08:40 PM.
      http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by WeeGarden View Post
        Is it really so hard to pick up an apple and bite into it?
        It is with my teeth.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Prepped fruit in a packet - especially if it's just apple chunks. Pineapple, I can *just* about forgive. WWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY??? Is it really so hard to pick up an apple and bite into it?
          It is for me I ware dentures
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Is it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally so hard to pick up an apple and cut it?
            Last edited by WeeGarden; 10-06-2009, 08:26 AM.
            http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Is it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally so hard to pick up an apple and cut it?
              or wash a few grapes? (thinking of the packs of "fruit salad" containing just grapes, apple and orange)
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Whilst these fruit packs are a rip off for home / packed lunch use, they can be very handy when you're working away. No access to a kitchen or the like and really want something healthy and a bit more variety than just an apple.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

frozen mashed potato, ready-buttered malt loaf slices, ready chopped up bits of melon, ready salads with some kind of cheese or prawn mix in it, fresh [?] ready sliced green beans...the list is endless...
                  What I really don't like is walking down the cereal aisle. How many types? Does it not make people nuts to see so many of them? I mean, pop tarts? Special K with 5 different kinds of berry or yoghurt or cat poo....

Comment

You're starting to sound like me Taff!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      You're starting to sound like me Taff!

I could go on, but I'd be here all night, mentally going through the aisles and shaking my head...

Comment

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                        Shirl my nan has really bad arthritis in her hands and she got this catalogue with loads of stuff to help her. I wish I could remember what it was called, but we got her some and it made her a bit more independant again.
                        One of them was for jars and lids and tins, one of them was for picking things up off the floor, one of them was for threading needles...

Might be worth a look or have you tried them?
                        Possibly 'Ways & Means' - a section of the company Nottingham Rehab NRS - Nottingham Rehab Supplies

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          Compared with my attempts at YP, which come out like a horrid flat stodgy biscuit thing
                          Me too!! I call mine Suffolk Splats - you could have Skipton Squishys.

Comment

• [QUOTE=julesapple;469882I have to say, ready made stock in jars (although probably very handy) looks disgusting.

Jules[/QUOTE]

I just read that as socks in a jar - what!!!

Comment

• I have heard that you can buy Bread and Jam......Imagine not making your own
                              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X