No announcement yet.

crazy lazy things to buy in shops...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk of yorkshire puds, has made me want some ! guess what my house is having for tea !

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
      I make YPs with 3 eggs and they rise nicely in muffin tins big fluffy Yorkies, although lately they've been sticking at the bottom which has driven me nuts.
      Jamie Oliver yorkie recipe in silicone muffin trays. Huge big yorkies for me every time.

We had a friend over for lunch a few weeks ago and she was so impressed with my Yorkshire puds she took a photo there and then (she's a foodie).
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
        Bread-making machines. It's much more fun to make bread the old-fashioned way.
        You can't have new-baked bread first thing in the morning the old fashioned way! I also use the bread machine to mix the dough for pizza (although I am quite capable of doing things the hard way if necessary, but the machine leaves me with more time to do the rest)

Before we had a bread machine I used the Kenwood Chef to mix dough. Without some kind of 'power mixer' I would do even less baking than I actually do now.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I buy the uncooked 'ready to bake' Yorkshire Puds. The amount we actually want at one meal is less than one eggsworth, so it would be ridiculous to make them. Those frozen ones rise perfectly every time, taste good, and don't involve a load of unnecessary washing up.
          Thinks like ready-chopped onion, I only buy when 'reduced for quick sale' and therefore cheaper than fresh ones. Ice-cubes... no, we just don't have enough use for ice-cubes to fret about either way (I have a half-dozen miniature 'coldpacks' permanently in the freezer part of the fridge).
          Most convenience stuff, well that is the point isn't it, a matter of what is convenient (and some of it does seem to fit the OTHER meaning of 'convenience' too....)
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            You can't have new-baked bread first thing in the morning the old fashioned way! I also use the bread machine to mix the dough for pizza (although I am quite capable of doing things the hard way if necessary, but the machine leaves me with more time to do the rest)

Before we had a bread machine I used the Kenwood Chef to mix dough. Without some kind of 'power mixer' I would do even less baking than I actually do now.
            Your right Hilary B, we have a bread machine, but my hubby decided to cook some in the aga, thankfully it isnt our only form of cooking ! and is now just for heating the old part of the house, after waiting ages for it to become the right temp, well slightly cooler than hell i imagine !!!, he made bread, i must admit it tasted nice ! i use ours to mix the dough then cook in the oven.

Comment

I think I'll get those silicone muffin trays Heywayne as the non sticks just don't last with yorkies
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                Rowntree do sachets of sugar free jelly crystals
                Cant get them anymore for love or money lol also have to be vegetarian and I cant remember if they are.
                Last edited by jackie j; 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by StephenH View Post
                  Bread-making machines. It's much more fun to make bread the old-fashioned way.
                  Not with a dodgy elbow it isn't - it's flippin agony.

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
                  the one that makes me mutter (in a mad old woman style) is pots of ready made jelly....why???
                  The pots of ready made jelly are vegan - ie no gelatine.

The trouble with making jelly with no gelatine is - it is an expensive business to buy and a pain to get it to set.
                  Last edited by zazen999; 08-06-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Boiled potatoes in a can! that just done me the first time that I saw it
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                      Cant get them anymore for love or money lol also have to be vegetarian and I cant remember if they are.
                      Just got mine out of the cupboard, now Hartley's, doesn't say about vegetarian though sorry.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Just got mine out of the cupboard, now Hartley's, doesn't say about vegetarian though sorry.
                        They used to be - depends on whether gelatine is listed in the ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                          I always look at bags of ice cube's and shake my head and wonder....jacob
                          That's my 'favourite' too, Jacob.
                          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            They used to be - depends on whether gelatine is listed in the ingredients.
                            Sorry, just got younger son to read the ingredients - first listed is gelatine. (can't find my reading specs at the mo)
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Sorry, just got younger son to read the ingredients - first listed is gelatine. (can't find my reading specs at the mo)
                              Must be just the ready made ones then!

Thanks chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                                Pancake batter mix - too lazy for words!
                                I buy those at 9p each, cheaper than a bag of Flour.!
                                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X