No announcement yet.

crazy lazy things to buy in shops...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regards to the jelly pots its my daughter that eats those and they get eaten quickly any other jelly or indeed anything OH eats has to be vegetarian AND sugar free as he is vegetarian and diabetic thats why we were using the weight watcher ones and the only place we have found them is in a garden centre lol ( its a bit far to keep going there ) we stock up if we find them.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      They used to be - depends on whether gelatine is listed in the ingredients.
      Is there a list of ingredients on ice cubes?
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

I bet they have some weird stuff added... and I bet they say 'serving suggestion, put it in your pimms' and they may even say ' warning, contains water' lol

I don't have a problem with people buying these products if they can't open the jars, packets, chop things etc... just lazy ones, like if I decided to go and buy them, then that's wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
          Is there a list of ingredients on ice cubes?
          Warning. May contain water!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Talking of stupid labels
            Here are Funny Warning Labels on Appliances

* On Odour Eaters: Please do not eat.Nasty Joke about a fish blender
            * On a blender: On no account improvise as a fish aquarium.
            * On stockings: Not to be used in the commission of a felony.Will and Guy's humour - Funny Warning Labels
            * On gloves: For best results, do not leave at the crime scene.
            * On a fridge: Refrigerate after opening.
            * On alphabet blocks: Not for children.
            Letters may be used to construct words, phrases and sentences that may be deemed offensive.Warning Labels - Jokes
            * On a cardboard windshield sun-shade: 'Warning: Do Not Drive With Sun Shield in Place'.
            * On an infant's bathtub: Do not throw baby out with bath water.
            * On a cup of McDonald's coffee: Allow to cool before applying to groin area.
            * On a microscope: Objects in view are bigger and more frightening than they appear.
            * On a calendar: Use of term 'Sunday' for reference only. No meteorological warranties express or implied.
            Brian Clough

Comment

There are some genuine ridiculous warning labels, I can never get websites to attach on here, but if you search for 'dumb warnings'...... Comes next to the Darwin Awards...
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                There are some genuine ridiculous warning labels, I can never get websites to attach on here, but if you search for 'dumb warnings'...... Comes next to the Darwin Awards...
                Here's one Hilary
                Silly Labels and Funny Warning Notices
                Brian Clough

Comment

From a well known Auntie.......Frozen gravy..... what's that all about?
                  She also dose stuffing and dare i say it coming from a Yorkshire lass, YORKSHIRE PUDS. What's the world coming to? ha ha

Comment

I once purchased a kettle and it came wit instructions....If you need instrctions you should let your carer make the tea.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I don't make the breadcrumbs,I buy them.Reason?When I was big enough to help at home,my parents used to give different jobs around the house to me and my sis.One of them was making breadcrumbs-crushing pieces of dry bread in old mince maker.I HATED it and I'll never do it again.
                      As for food,I'll agree with ready mash potato,also cooked pasta.The idea of ready meals is a bit strange to me.Haven't got time to cook?Eat a sandwich instead.
                      As for 'lazy" kitchen equipment-electric can opener.Is it really so hard to stick it into the tin and turn twice??

Comment

Not sure if this counts as it's not exactly a food, but it's definitely lazy. Pot Noodles! What is with them? They surely have the nutritional value of a piece of polystyrene.
                        (apologies if anyone has already mentioned them.)

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                          As for 'lazy" kitchen equipment-electric can opener.Is it really so hard to stick it into the tin and turn twice??
                          What about those of us who can't do the turn twice bit? I can't even pull the lever to make the electric tin opener puncture the can anymore ring pull cans for the win!
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                            I don't make the breadcrumbs,I buy them.Reason?When I was big enough to help at home,my parents used to give different jobs around the house to me and my sis.One of them was making breadcrumbs-crushing pieces of dry bread in old mince maker.I HATED it and I'll never do it again.
                            Another favourite piece of kitchen equipment is my hand blender for the very reason Coreopsis mentioned, only I used to have to grate fresh bread for breadcrumbs as taught to me in Home Ec. Awful, awful job!

My handblender chops herbs, bread for crumbs, onion......the list is endless!

Jules
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                              What about those of us who can't do the turn twice bit? I can't even pull the lever to make the electric tin opener puncture the can anymore ring pull cans for the win!
                              Shirl my nan has really bad arthritis in her hands and she got this catalogue with loads of stuff to help her. I wish I could remember what it was called, but we got her some and it made her a bit more independant again.
                              One of them was for jars and lids and tins, one of them was for picking things up off the floor, one of them was for threading needles...

Might be worth a look or have you tried them?

Comment

Mashed potatoes in a tray!! why?
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X