No announcement yet.

who got sunburnt today

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am blessed with pale white skin and freckles, which also means that 10 minutes outside without total sunblock can mean large blisters

I remember a family holiday in Turkey where I burnt badly, in SPF30 and a t-shirt, I ended up face-down on the bed, with my entire back covered in blisters, with my mum covering my back in natural yoghurt and aloe....

We went to Jamaica 3 years ago, and I came back exactly the same colour as when I went - it was total sunblock and t-shirts every day!

I was out in the garden all weekend, with Factor 30 on (and a hat, and a white tshirt). I have a smattering more freckles, that's all

Comment

have been and bought myself a bright pink cowboy hat to save my face at the lottie, my mother is going to have hysterics when she sees me in it

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
        I have an odd shaped brown patch at the base of my spine where my shorts and top part company when I bend over lol
        My patch is bright red and burns like hell!
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Well a little red around the shoulders but a nice healthy brown everywhere else, although may need to think about a hobby that involves my front getting tanned not just my back half from being bent over, looking a bit paler from the front!

Comment

Its blisters for me today, my arms are now brown with red patches, now with white freckle like soggy marks were the skin is blistered , my head realy sunburnt, top of my nose has gone crunchy!

Thats what comes from taking the day off to do a new bonnet on the car and put the rest of the citrus plants outside
            Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

My whole body resembles a lobster....but I thought 'sod it' it's not very often we see that big yellow UFO in the sky,and we'll probably be back to sh*t weather again next week so I'm making the most of it!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have had heat blotches all day despite not being in the sun at all and being covered up. I did put on my childrens' suncream this morning just to walk them to school and am now wondering if I am allergic to it. It's like prickly heat but not in the bits you sweat from. Very odd, and driving me bonkers. Will take some piriton and see if it halps.

I have to say my skin changed completely when I had my children! Hormones maybe?....

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  I have had heat blotches all day despite not being in the sun at all and being covered up. I did put on my childrens' suncream this morning just to walk them to school and am now wondering if I am allergic to it. It's like prickly heat but not in the bits you sweat from.
                  I only tend to get prickly heat / heat rash on the backs of my hands and sometimes it spreads up my arms... not somewhere I think of as sweating from either!

The weird thing is I started getting it in March when it was cool and it has vanished over the last couple of days!
                  http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I could understand it more if I was in the hsoue for 11 1/2 months ans then went outside... but I am out there ALL the time! You'd think I'd have got used to it now

Off to put cold water in hot bits.

Comment

I've got very fair skin and burn in no time at all as well as gettting prickly heat if I don't use at least factor 50. (Antihistamines are my saviour when that comes along.) After 2 weeks in the Gambia I came home the same colour I went.
                      As for sunburn, if I get it I put a generous dollop of bicarb in the bath. Tried it last year and worked a treat for helping with the soreness, followed by loads of aftersun. Always got a bottle of sunscreen in my bag now.
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

This makes interesting reading: The burning question: is suncream a scam? - Times Online

apparently SPF 50 does not give you double the protection of SPF25, and in fact SPF15 is enough (says cancer charity).
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Read the same article in the Indenpendant, funily enough the bloke from Soltan (or where ever) didn't agree! Seems the main point that the cancer charity were saying was that you shouldn't spend too much time in full sun and therefore Factor 15 was fine and it was more about being sensible rather than relying on high protection and ignoring sense.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I slapped on some factor fifteen today on the bits I could reach and have caught the sun a bit on the other bits lol. My funny brown patch is getting browner lol
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

I too have one of those funny brown patches, looks really silly but is VERY brown!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                I too have one of those funny brown patches, looks really silly but is VERY brown!
                                I have a permanent saddle: a patch between my tee shirt and my shorts where I got very burnt riding the London-Brighton years ago.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X